Holy cow!!!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Now that's a swap!

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,754 Posts
What a waste... a 3208 can't get out of it's own way...
No load it's ok, add some weight and it falls flat on it's face.

If your gonna go through the trouble at least put a Jimmy 2-stroke in it.
So it sounds cool even if it doesn't go anywhere.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
No, no you're totally wrong. Bigger is always better! 'merica!! 'nuff said. :hehe:

Reactions: juanfo and jrsavoie

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts

If your gonna go through the trouble at least put a Jimmy 2-stroke in it.
So it sounds cool even if it doesn't go anywhere.
No, no you're totally wrong. Bigger is always better! 'merica!! 'nuff said. :hehe:
No, he's totally right. Its a crappy platform, the bigger just means it makes a better anchor or overloads your front. Somewhat like a 2 stroke, but without blowing your eardrums out to hang with the cool kids.

Reactions: jrsavoie and jdf915

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
No, he's totally right. Its a crappy platform, the bigger just means it makes a better anchor or overloads your front. Somewhat like a 2 stroke, but without blowing your eardrums out to hang with the cool kids.
But screaming jimmy!:coolnana:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Anyone feel like adjusting a timing belt on a small block? :wtf:

https://yakima.craigslist.org/cto/5306129479.html

I have a 1979 stepside chevy with a brand new 350 motor with less than 1000 miles! on it. The interior has a brand new all black leather seat and new black carpet and seat belts, The dash and door side panels was also replaced that is all black as well. My orginal plan was to black out the whole truck.The body is in decent condition, will need some work as there are a few bubble spots in the paint from rust. The bed is all original and the wood is still pretty good, there are oil stains on them from years of use. There is a small leak in the power stearing pump that will need to be replaced. Which is an $80 part, The timing belt also needs to be adjusted. The tires still have a good amount of tread on them. This was my project truck but I am getting married so need to sell ASAP

Reactions: jrsavoie

·
Registered
214 Posts
Anyone feel like adjusting a timing belt on a small block? :wtf:

https://yakima.craigslist.org/cto/5306129479.html

I have a 1979 stepside chevy with a brand new 350 motor with less than 1000 miles! on it. The interior has a brand new all black leather seat and new black carpet and seat belts, The dash and door side panels was also replaced that is all black as well. My orginal plan was to black out the whole truck.The body is in decent condition, will need some work as there are a few bubble spots in the paint from rust. The bed is all original and the wood is still pretty good, there are oil stains on them from years of use. There is a small leak in the power stearing pump that will need to be replaced. Which is an $80 part, The timing belt also needs to be adjusted. The tires still have a good amount of tread on them. This was my project truck but I am getting married so need to sell ASAP

Oooo it's the rare timing belt option!!! I'm on it. :hehe:

Reactions: jrsavoie

·
Registered
3,634 Posts

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Yup, they are used in all sorts of racing engines but they don't last like a chain though, you have to replace them way more often.

The up side is there is a whole lot less crank shaft harmonics transferred to the valve train which in turn cause's less timing variations. They are run dry and will have a tin cover over then when fully assembled.

·
Gone but not forgotten member
2,582 Posts
Not a craiglist but a midlife crisis and still have a truck, 1122 HP and 1947 ftlbs torque should fit the need and make a Viper, Corvette, Roush Mustang, SS Camaro suck your diesel exhaust....

FOR SALE: 2006 Chevy Duramax Built Motor/Twins
This truck is a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4x4. Everything on the truck was 100% built by Fleece Performance. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the truck, it runs perfectly. It has a freshly built motor, with around 2000 miles on it. These have not been hard miles, not dyno pulls on this motor, drag runs, or anything else. The truck has around 43,800 original miles.

The list:

- Carrillo Rods
- Mahle Forged Pistons
- Billet Main Caps with ARP Studs
- Suncoast 48RE Duraflite Transmission
- So Cal Alternative Firing Order Camshaft
- So Cal Stage II Heads
- A1 Technologies Headstuds
- Billet Chomoly Push Rods
- Billet Rocker Bridges
- ARP Rocker Studs
- PPE Cast Manifolds and Up-Pipes
- 5 inch turbo back to 6 inch stack
- Yukon Grizzly Locker Rear End
- 80m Upgraded Driveshaft
- Bosch 125% over injectors
- 71/88 Fully built Fleece Custom Turbo Set-up
- Tie Rod Sleeves and Traction Bars
- Banks Intercooler
- ATS Duel Fuelers

Much More- have all receipts from Fleece Performance. The truck also has a SS front bumper and a leaf spring taken out. The truck has 5 power levels that are adjustable.

Official dyno numbers were 1,122 HP and 1,947 TQ on fuel only. Have official dyno sheet.

I know this will be a truck that has to be sold to the right person. Someone that is looking for a race truck, this is for you. It needs a cage to run on the drag strip. But it also is 100% street driveable. Brayden Fleece did an absolute amazing job tuning this truck. I drove it from Indianapolis to Bowling Green, KY, for TS in the spring and it drives great on the interstate and around town. Thanks for your time, and suggestions on how to sell it or price feel free to post. I am just looking to get out of a truck like this at this time.

Asking Price: $50,000, OBO

Attached Images

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Timing belts should be outlawed. All those that lost one, would agree. Censored
Here is example #1 for no more timing belts...glad my DD Kia has a timing chain.

Reactions: Bigboytoys

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Timing belts should be outlawed. All those that lost one, would agree.
Ok you can't leave it at that, share your traumatic bent valve story with us. :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Timing belts should be outlawed. All those that lost one, would agree. Censored
I've always considered 120k on a timing belt to be MAX and anything beyond was is considered borrowed time. Typically, I will try to get it changed out around 100k or as soon as possible if unknown mileage. That being said, I have not ever had one break on me, but I have known of a few engines that were never the same after a belt break.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
4921 - 4940 of 6995 Posts