Diesel Place banner

4901 - 4920 of 6995 Posts

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts
Damn it Diaric! Stop being old! :hehe:
Its not being old, its being rational and fighting the new stupidity.

The worst part is that I remember when a "Step-side" didn't have steps and was just a pickup bed. Then came the Chevy Cameo Carriers in '55 and the Swept Side Dodges with the car fin sides in '57 and Wide bed was born. Worst part was that they were originally sold to attract the GIRLS to buying trucks!!

They finally were made truly useful when you could lay them newfangled 4 foot wide plywood sheets flat in the bed and close the tailgate.
When a one ton was a big wide framed truck, with a small cab and a box that held nothing.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Its the same stuff with crazy engine sizes to feel special. They tell you the engine is a 355, a 407.... :confuzeld WTF is that Censored. We used to describe it so you knew what it was, no BS, a 350 that's .030 over.
My buddy used to mess with the guys who came up to him at drag races and ask "What fer motor you got in that Mustang?" He'd answer "A 2 gallon" instead of 460. :hehe:

Reactions: jrsavoie

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts
I no longer have a 6.2 its officially a 6.35 l now.

And I don't have a K5 anymore. Its a Tall Jimmy Bonus Cab.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I no longer have a 6.2 its officially a 6.35 l now.

And I don't have a K5 anymore. Its a Tall Jimmy Bonus Cab.
I have the "Big Uber Long Length Standard Height Intermediate Tailgate." Now what's the acronym for that? :)

Reactions: Bigboytoys

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts
I have the "Big Uber Long Length Standard Height Intermediate Tailgate." Now what's the acronym for that? :)
Dunno, butt you better clean it up.

:knight:

Reactions: Bigboytoys

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
:back:

1982 Chevy 2500 Diesel

$2200
1982 Chevy diesel. 6.2 Naturally aspirated. We used this on the ranch to pull a small gooseneck. It has brand new paint and trim. It has brand new tires all the way around. The engine has had routine maintenance and pulls good. This truck gets almost 20 mpg and is a great old work truck

condition: good
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: diesel
odometer: 25000
paint color: white
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: manual

Attachments

Reactions: legendman and zetan

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts

I used to crank up the reverb when that song came on the radio and I was driving around in my 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS Convertible - with a 409. :coolnana:

There are only two cars that I ever owned that I really wish I could have back again in factory original condition. That one, and a 1963 Pontiac GP with the 421HO option and 4 speed manual. I'd love either one, but the SS edges out the GP by just a smidgeon.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts
:back:

1982 Chevy 2500 Diesel

$2200
1982 Chevy diesel. 6.2 Naturally aspirated. We used this on the ranch to pull a small gooseneck. It has brand new paint and trim. It has brand new tires all the way around. The engine has had routine maintenance and pulls good. This truck gets almost 20 mpg and is a great old work truck

condition: good
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: diesel
odometer: 25000
paint color: white
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: manual
That is a nice truck. Not to far for Freddy to drive, but far enough to be disappointing when he finds what new paint is hiding.

Reactions: mccr

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
That is a nice truck. Not to far for Freddy to drive, but far enough to be disappointing when he finds what new paint is hiding.
:rof1:

I am too old for a manual tranny. :hehe:

If I was going that far, this would be the one I would be going to see: 1983 Chevy Stepside 6.2L 4X4

Attachments

·
Mad (Sean) Max
9,602 Posts
everyone been drinking? All this reminiscing about the good ol days...jeepers

Reactions: jdf915

·
Registered
1,159 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts
Reactions: happypunch

·
Registered
3,634 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
http://wyoming.craigslist.org/cto/5285253574.html

Very clean looking dually with 128,000 for $5000

"6 new all season tires. 5 Speed Extended Cab. 6.5 Liter Turbo diesel. Original owner- never wrecked and well maintained. Ready to work and tow."

Attachments

Reactions: JCDiesel
4901 - 4920 of 6995 Posts