1,158 Posts
Reactions: zetan

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts

·
Mad (Sean) Max
9,602 Posts
There was that Dutch guy BBinboards who wanted to use them. Didn't work out so great from what I remember

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,742 Posts
Can get em new from LMC. My truck needs one too. Mines bent up...
They have one thats close, but for $289 plus shipping I will hold out for the one I want.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5299953021.html

Finally :coolnana: :clap: :coolnana:

Very rare 6.2L diesel short bed pickup fully loaded with power windows, power locks, power steering, power brakes, cruise control, A/C that works great. This is an unmolested original truck that you won't find anywhere. Odometer shows 54,000 and change but most likely 154k but could pass for the lower. Exceptional engine compartment. Runs great and has brand new transmission with warranty. These were made for gas mileage not pulling. I've seen online up to 25 mpg. I'm only the second owner. The only bad part is it needs a new headliner as it is sagging. These are easily fixed or buy new for around $200. Also high fan speed does not work on heat/AC. No rust. Located in Castle Rock but can bring to tech center area for viewings. Email: [email protected]

Tech Center is about 10 minutes from where I live :clap: :clap: :clap:

View attachment 401242

View attachment 401250

Price $9,950 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Price is now $8,500 :whistle: If it gets down to $5,000 I will give it a look :coffee:

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5299953021.html

Finally :coolnana: :clap: :coolnana:

Very rare 6.2L diesel .....Price $9,950 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
OK, what's very rare.
jeepers...I saw all the handclapping I almost missed the head smashing. I would have thought it was expensive at 1/2 the cost
pretty much

I need the rear bumper off that white short wide.
OK, WTF is a short wide? They are all the same width, except a Dooley, its wider, in a way.

What are these manifolds? Water cooled jackets for a boat?

Diesel engine
If so, what bolts there in the middle. And the intake hat almost looks like a big turbo inlet. Last pic. free torch with purchase? :confuzeld :HiHi:

Reactions: jrsavoie

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
OK, WTF is a short wide? They are all the same width, except a Dooley, its wider, in a way.

Short wide is a short bed fleet-side truck, compare that to a stepside (not as "wide."

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
Short wide is a short bed fleet-side truck, compare that to a stepside (not as "wide."
It a description that kids are using all over the place, the trucks are the same width, so its silly. Why not just call it what it is, a stepside. :confuzeld A fleetside is just a normal truck, no additional info required unless its short.
So what are we supposed to call a duelly, An Extra Wide? :confuzeld

Its the same stuff with crazy engine sizes to feel special. They tell you the engine is a 355, a 407.... :confuzeld WTF is that Censored. We used to describe it so you knew what it was, no BS, a 350 that's .030 over.

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,742 Posts
It a description that kids are using all over the place, the trucks are the same width, so its silly. Why not just call it what it is, a stepside. :confuzeld A fleetside is just a normal truck, no additional info required unless its short.
So what are we supposed to call a duelly, An Extra Wide? :confuzeld

Its the same stuff with crazy engine sizes to feel special. They tell you the engine is a 355, a 407.... :confuzeld WTF is that Censored. We used to describe it so you knew what it was, no BS, a 350 that's .030 over.
New slang is what it is LOL

The "wide" references the inside of the bed...
A stepper is not as wide as a fleetside inside.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
Mine is wider than yours, but it fits in the same size garage door.

Sorry, its Censored dumb, kids cant leave well enough alone. Its not "wide" its normal, "standard" if you wish.

Reactions: happypunch

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Don't know how to do links and that fancy stuff, but heres a kijiji add someone might want. 1091122110.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Mine is wider than yours, but it fits in the same size garage door.

Sorry, its Censored dumb, kids cant leave well enough alone. Its not "wide" its normal, "standard" if you wish.
Damn it Diaric! Stop being old! :hehe:

·
Registered
138 Posts
The worst part is that I remember when a "Step-side" didn't have steps and was just a pickup bed. Then came the Chevy Cameo Carriers in '55 and the Swept Side Dodges with the car fin sides in '57 and Wide bed was born. Worst part was that they were originally sold to attract the GIRLS to buying trucks!!

They finally were made truly useful when you could lay them newfangled 4 foot wide plywood sheets flat in the bed and close the tailgate.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I like this guy's thinking, but I would have started with a known runner. However, that is already a very retro looking 2005 Chevy C3500...:confuzeld

1947 Ford COE - $4200 (north kansas city)

NO TRADES I REPEAT NO TRADES. Okay I've decide to go ahead and sell out. The cab is all there including glass minus the back window. I have most of the new sheet metal already but it will need a few more pieces to do it. Has front bumper, it comes with a 2005 Chevy 6.5 diesel C3500 dually that I recently bought. The owner said it ran before being parked but I know nothing other than that about the truck and haven't had time to even try to get it running. Both trucks have clean and clear title in my name. Will also include jig I made with casters on it.

Attachments

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
6.2 Turbo Diesel

Don't know how to do links and that fancy stuff, but heres a kijiji add someone might want. 1091122110.
Just copy and paste the whole ad web address then we have a link. I will usually come along and fix the picture if the poster doesn't have that knowledge.

here it is. 6.2 Turbo Diesel | engine, engine parts | Bridgewater | Kijiji

Note.. that's the best price I've seen on a Banks in a long time, surprised its still up.

Have a banks turbo for 6.2 L Diesel to make a turbo
$_35.JPG

4881 - 4900 of 6995 Posts