Guess the closer 6.2L trucks get to Denver the higher the price :confuzeld
Didn't you know they charge you in feet above sea level? :HiHi:

·
Registered
338 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
I'm sure they're slower there too. I can't imagine what a six two would drive like at that elevation.
I drove a N/A one a couple of weeks ago in Denver. It drove fine. I would have bought it except it was missing the starter bracket and had a jacked front suspension :HiHi:

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
I drove a N/A one a couple of weeks ago in Denver. It drove fine. I would have bought it except it was missing the starter bracket and had a jacked front suspension :HiHi:
Damn you old farts are picky. :HiHi:

Buy a bracket and enjoy being stylish. :coolnana:

·
Registered
1,191 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Lead Mod here doesn't have a spare starter nose bracket? I thought everybody that might need one had three.:HiHi:

I'm down at sea level and am mostly satisfied with the power. The truck lags a little on the interstate when I have the motorcycle trailer hooked up. I have all the turbo parts stored in the shop but I'm worried it'll show me all the cracks in the motor I don't know about yet.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I like the truck's styling, not necessarily the price folks are asking for them.

I am a fan of some of the four door cab versions that some people are putting together. Add a similar year pickup bed and those are some nice trucks, but I would rock a flat bed in the abcense of a truck bed.
Call me crazy but I think the van versions are cool.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Lead Mod here doesn't have a spare starter nose bracket? I thought everybody that might need one had three.:HiHi:

I'm down at sea level and am mostly satisfied with the power. The truck lags a little on the interstate when I have the motorcycle trailer hooked up. I have all the turbo parts stored in the shop but I'm worried it'll show me all the cracks in the motor I don't know about yet.
Man those cracks work in superstitious ways. Like the worrying about it puts more strain on the crack with mind control.:confuzeld

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
Couple of long threads on this particular 6.2. I talked to the PO and he had it for a year and drove it frequently....without the starter bracket. Too big a risk for me.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
Couple of long threads on this particular 6.2. I talked to the PO and he had it for a year and drove it frequently....without the starter bracket. Too big a risk for me.
Fred, If it isn't broke, then.... it isn't broke. I'd just put one on and carry on with life. :whistle:

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
Call me crazy but I think the van versions are cool.
those are cool, don't ever remember seeing one. But there was probably 100 trucks to every van.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Man those cracks work in superstitious ways. Like the worrying about it puts more strain on the crack with mind control.:confuzeld
I know. But my 15 year old son wants this for his first car. He says he won't get on it but I believe that about as much as I believe in unicorns. He's like "Dad, just turn it up to 5 psi instead of 10." We'll see how he does with it NA first.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Fred, If it isn't broke, then.... it isn't broke. I'd just put one on and carry on with life. :whistle:
It's what I did... twice. What's up with the starter bracket? Do people forget to put it back on after they fix the starter? or they think they know more than a crew of GM engineers and say: "well this is a useless part that's here for no reason and discard it in the scrap bucket

I know. But my 15 year old son wants this for his first car. He says he won't get on it but I believe that about as much as I believe in unicorns. He's like "Dad, just turn it up to 5 psi instead of 10." We'll see how he does with it NA first.
Big V8 plus 15 y/o driver=:boxing:

·
Registered
444 Posts
What's up with the starter bracket? Do people forget to put it back on after they fix the starter? or they think they know more than a crew of GM engineers and say: "well this is a useless part that's here for no reason and discard it in the scrap bucket
Shops getting paid by the job will race and cut any corner, most of the time not even realizing they left something off. Owners at home are probably just lazy or too clueless to understand why. "Extra parts? Eh, GM overdesigned everything, it'll be fine. My 350 powered El Camino didn't need that starter brace and it's been fine for 20 years!"

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
If it presents in person as good as it photographs, I could see it getting between $5500 to $6500.
While it sure does photograph well, the big glaring issue to the low miles claim is that 6 digit odometer. They weren't available in '82 was the general consensus last time it came up. I know my '83 and both '85s only had 5 digit ones, my '89 had a 6 digit one. Something like that will make a person in the know do a double take on everything else.

4801 - 4820 of 6992 Posts