Diesel Place banner

4781 - 4800 of 6992 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Drat I don't have any relatives out there.

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,643 Posts
Thats a different grill. The ladder rack is worth a couple hundred bucks right. 6 deep to the tear off, taco hell, then install.

Attachments

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
I like the truck's styling, not necessarily the price folks are asking for them.

I am a fan of some of the four door cab versions that some people are putting together. Add a similar year pickup bed and those are some nice trucks, but I would rock a flat bed in the abcense of a truck bed.
Same thoughts. :thumb: At least these examples are more realistic $, with titles and engines.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
https://lewiston.craigslist.org/cto/5290014889.html

1984 GMC 1 Ton 6.2 Diesel - Runs Good would make a great work or farm truck. Two new batteries, good tires and 14 ft lumber/ladder rack. Needs license.

View attachment 399202
Fred, that one looks pretty rough, like its led a hard life and saw very little love.

Where are you located anyways?
Its under his avatar :HiHi: The picture of his son, the bravest little man around. :thumb:

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,643 Posts
Are you working on that bumper Diaric?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Its under his avatar :HiHi: The picture of his son, the bravest little man around. :thumb:

I can't see that on my mobile.

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,643 Posts

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
Are you working on that bumper Diaric?
Um no. I'm sitting here giggling at posts because I've had 1 hrs sleep, if that. Then I need to finish making some storm windows before winter. On the bright side, I welded a bolt yesterday to stay in practice. :HiHi:

PS, I have to do the topper first. :thumbsdow

I can't see that on my mobile.
Sorry, damn mobile is so confusing. When I used mine, I just used a reg browser so all was normal, now everything is different.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
You would have an incredibly difficult time getting me to pay more than 500 for something with out a valid title. All of the legwork to turn a bill of sale into a title is too much of a Pita in many states and more than a little shady if done across state borders by a third party. But I am conservative in that way.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I am irritated by the Titled ones that the person selling is the last buyer. They never bothered to put it in their name and have driven it until the tag are about to expire. So I end up with a bill of sale from one name and a signed title with a different name.

Fortunately Washington has friendly little license shops with no lines like DMV. So far the only problem has been with sales tax values. They were not sure about buying a '98 BMW 740 for $500 and wanted taxes on ~$5000 :nope: I won.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
That's great Terr congratulations for sticking it to the man. Too many times we have to suffer the injustices of a system made to bring us down.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
That's great Terr congratulations for sticking it to the man. Too many times we have to suffer the injustices of a system made to bring us down.
x2

Personally, sales tax on a used vehicle is greedy crime in itself. It most likely already got taxed new, and again, and again......

Your title laws are so complicated, here, I just write up a bill of sale, doesn't matter what the names are. As long as it doesn't come up stolen, written off or big liens.

·
Registered
214 Posts
x2 Personally, sales tax on a used vehicle is greedy crime in itself. It most likely already got taxed new, and again, and again......
+1 Don't forget some states also have personal property tax and you have that to pay every year. :wtf::shake:

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
+1 Don't forget some states also have personal property tax and you have that to pay every year. :wtf::shake:
We have "property tax" on land, but that's it. Its a give in here.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I am irritated by the Titled ones that the person selling is the last buyer. They never bothered to put it in their name and have driven it until the tag are about to expire. So I end up with a bill of sale from one name and a signed title with a different name.

Fortunately Washington has friendly little license shops with no lines like DMV. So far the only problem has been with sales tax values. They were not sure about buying a '98 BMW 740 for $500 and wanted taxes on ~$5000 :nope: I won.
I only have experience living in Idaho and Washington, but I find Washington's licensing system to be a joke. The offices here are privately owned and contract for the state and there are some huge variations in who will let you do what and what they want to charge you. The smarter offices are nice to customers and try to help you out on taxes and whatnot so you'll come back to their office. When I first moved to Washington and transferred my vehicles I couldn't believe how incompetent my local office was. It took three women and Google to figure out how to license my motorcycle.
Ok thread derailling rant over :)

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
Maybe Leno wants this one:

https://pueblo.craigslist.org/cto/5261960540.html

"I have a Super Rare 1982 GMC Jimmy Diesel, it is a 6.2L diesel and it runs great with just 53k miles. The Jimmy is super clean, like 9.9 out of 10! The interior is all original and the vehicle was just recently painted the factory yellow with a white top. It is as clean underneath as it is on the top with zero rust anywhere. It has clean wheels and newer tires that should last for some time. It has factory A/C and heat and an aftermarket CD player with newer speakers which give it a nice clean sound. The interior is all original and flawless, no tears, no stains and no smoke. It does have some after market gauges to keep track of Oil and turbo boost. It is in Amazing condition, turnkey and go!

The 6.2L diesel has been gone through and runs great with a refreshed turbo. It does not drip or leak any oil. This as clean as they get on Craigslist making this a great collector vehicle or hunting rig. 4 wheel drive works as it should and the transmission shifts nicely. It is in amazing condition for the year and will serve someone well this winter or as a collector. It does drive like a 1982 4x4 meaning it has a little play in the steering wheel and some wind noise, but what vehicle didn't in 1982.

I do not need help selling as it sits in this condition should be a great deal for someone.

IF THE AD IS UP IT IS STILL FOR SALE

NO TRADES, CASH ONLY"
Back on the market, this time in Colorado Springs. Original ad from Pueblo, CO, guy was asking $7,200. Now....$9,500 :eek:

Guess the closer 6.2L trucks get to Denver the higher the price :confuzeld

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5291536192.html

01010_75WeoSGyhgY_600x450.jpg

Same 6 digit odometer.

00C0C_1Y0o5FZ1wS5_600x450.jpg

4781 - 4800 of 6992 Posts