Diesel Place banner

4741 - 4760 of 6995 Posts

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Alright ladies:HiHi:
1982 Monte carlo
That looks so comfortable! How many shades of brown did GM use (please don't say 50!)? That would be one of the last on the list of choices I would go with. What's wrong with burgundy? It's classy and makes me think of the anchorman.

I could see myself driving that, but only as long as I have my suspenders and bifocals on while yelling at kids to turn down their rap music and stay off the lawn!

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
Wow, you found something there. Would that have been a 5.7 diesel in 1982? I don't know if that was the only diesel used in their passenger cars or not.
This is probably a 5.7 as most were. They actually also planted the 4.3 diesel in some g body rwd Buick and Oldsmobile cars. Those are much more rare and are Not plagued with the head gasket and tty head bolt issues the 5.7 was. My 85 Cadillac is a 4.3 transverse mount engine which is the only year Cadillac installed the 4.3 in any fwd cadillac all other caddys were rwd B body 5.7 diesels.

Reactions: jrsavoie

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: jrsavoie

·
Registered
244 Posts
Here is one that should get snapped up quickly at this price!
6.2 diesel engine parts
My '84 could probably benefit.

00d0d_9wxFz1z50Ug_600x450.jpg

Reactions: Bigboytoys

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,754 Posts
Never seen a Monte snot low with a Diesel

82Chev is that close by? I'd go snatch that up.

Reactions: callie454

·
Registered
338 Posts
Wish more of you guys were in the SE, most of the stuff linked here is two days drive away. Since my 15 yr old son claimed my CUCV for his first vehicle I've been wondering what I'll do to satisfy my need for diesel clatter. I'm sure I'll start watching cl more closely when he takes the keys from me. For now I'm just happy he digs it.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Dunno jd that generation of vet kinda sucked. Heavy, slow and gaudy.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Did you happen to look at the odometer?

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Yeah I saw it has very low like no miles. How much they asking for it?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Agreed it's not my favorite year model, but 7.8 miles is still amazing.

·
Registered
138 Posts
That is a '78 Corvette Pace car 1978 Chevrolet Corvette Indy 500 Pace Car Images | Pictures and Videos

The Pace Car stickers are probably still in the trunk.

There were only a couple of hundred made and most were snapped up by collectors and hidden away.

Our local dealer in Illinois got one and it was rolled from the delivery hauler across sheets of plywood and into the collectors trailer so the tires never touched the ground. It was going into heated storage for his grand kids to profit from. BTW it was about $11K or $12K new.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Legend - It is local to Seattle, but far away from CT if I'm reading your profile correctly.

Reactions: jdf915

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I love the looks of the c3 corvettes. My dad has had his 1980 for about 25 years. This year was the first it has been driven in about 6 years and needed some work done. But the looks are pretty much all the appeal. It has a detuned 350 that is slower than a 6.2 (and that's saying something for a sports car!) and there is no space inside. The foot wells don't like both of my size 12's in them at the same time...

Get a lot of looks with the t-tops off, though!

Reactions: jdf915

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
I would rather get the diesel monte carlo than the mile long front end vette

Reactions: JCDiesel

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
Interesting that the tenth's digit on the odometer and trip meter yellowed and nothing else did.
I think that they were off colored that era. Ill take a look at my 79 impala.

4741 - 4760 of 6995 Posts