1,156 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts

·
Mad (Sean) Max
9,602 Posts
Yeah, I thought they were all rebar 20 years ago. Is that a Toyota diesel or another manufacturer

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
Yeah, I thought they were all rebar 20 years ago. Is that a Toyota diesel or another manufacturer

Most didn't even make rebar, they were red dust. Those diesels were under powered, made a 6.2 look fast. They sure needed a turbo upgrade, they smoked like crazy, or every one I saw was tired. :HiHi:
Actually a lot burnt a blue haze as well IIRC.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
There's a great episode of British Top Gear where they try to kill a Toyota Hilux diesel. Can't recall what all they did to it, but I remember they chained it to the beach while the tide came in and dunked it, and eventually put it on top of a building that was imploded. Still could get it to run at the end.

Edit: found it. Three parts

I don't believe everything I see on that show but they sure make me laugh! :HiHi:

·
Registered
214 Posts
There's a great episode of British Top Gear where they try to kill a Toyota Hilux diesel. Can't recall what all they did to it, but I remember they chained it to the beach while the tide came in and dunked it, and eventually put it on top of a building that was imploded. Still could get it to run at the end.

I don't believe everything I see on that show but they sure make me laugh! :HiHi:
It won't be the same show with out those 3. :bawl:

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
I know, it's bad enough what I have to pay for DirecTV considering what little we really watch. Although I do think Amazon Prime might pay for itself.:confuzeld
I've had prime for years for the free 2 day shipping on almost everything I buy. I shop there all the time, cheap, easy and no pants required. Only recently started watching things on there, not as good as netflix but a neat perk.

My favorite thing is finding part numbers for my 6.2 and getting better quality parts for the same price as the chain stores want for the low end crap. I still need to put my energy suspension spring bushings in.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
I can't stand watching those jackasses. All they're doing is destroying cars while cracking wise at each other.
Most of them are British cars, they deserve to be destroyed. :HiHi:

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,643 Posts
I still need to put my energy suspension spring bushings in.
I just bought all new ac bushings for my 94. Passed on the es stuff alot of comments on noisy squeaking suspension with them. Something to contemplate.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
None of my Urethane bushings squeak... You gotta lube em real good then they're pretty quiet!

·
Registered
338 Posts
None of my Urethane bushings squeak... You gotta lube em real good then they're pretty quiet!
Yeah ditto that. I'm running them on my truck now and used them on a previous K5 I had a long time ago. I've never heard any of the squeaking people talk about, but then again I also use plenty of the grease they supply with them to prevent it from ever starting.

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,643 Posts
"Boothybunch" used to post her quite a bit. Haven't seen him in a while.

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,643 Posts

Attachments

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,736 Posts

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
"Boothybunch" used to post her quite a bit. Haven't seen him in a while.
John got a real job, he's too busy to surf now :nope:

Classic Mint Condition Pontiac Diesel Bonneville 1981

This is very cool and I need it. Hopefully I can find time today to see it. These Bonnevilles are hard enough to find I a coupe let alone a 5.7 Check out the indicators between the headlights.
Reminds me of my first car, a 77, gasser. Was a comfortable ride.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
4501 - 4520 of 6992 Posts