Diesel Place banner

4481 - 4500 of 6995 Posts

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,741 Posts
Agreed, both are nice shape, but the prices people are asking these days has gone nuts.
Its what happens when a vehicle passes from the old truck stage to collector vehicle.
It's 67-72chevy's fault, when you have guys paying $1700 for a nos dash $1100 for nos bed rails, and who knows how many hundreds for a nos horn button....

Reactions: Adam86CUCV

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,741 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts

·
Registered
3,625 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Reactions: jdf915

·
Registered
1,158 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
The random things that end up in Spokane...

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
For you 350 diesel fans... all three of you lol
Easy there guy ... ha ha ha ... that 350 Diesel runs cleaner than a new VW and makes more power than a NA 4-53......

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
For you 350 diesel fans... all three of you lol

He's too ashamed of his price to put it in the ad. Never a good sign.

1981 chevy truck
Ya guarantee he wants big money for it. Problem is the 5.7 has such a small following everyone knows downfalls. In a truck id say not too desirable especially with the stigma of a 5.7 although id buy it if it wasnt so ugly and no power windows. On the other hand I believe it is becoming rare to see a 5.7 in a half ton truck so Id label it a "true survivor" and always intersesting to see so thanks for posting. Seems like when we were driving the Park Ave 5.7 I was working on it weekly. Maybe just my luck with it. Really good fuel economy though. The 5.7 was my first diesel vehicle which lead to a 6.2 and another and brought me here.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Easy there guy ... ha ha ha ... that 350 Diesel runs cleaner than a new VW and makes more power than a NA 4-53......
I didn't say anything bad about the 5.7, just meant that they are somewhat rare these days and have a small following. I guess I was wrong when I said three fans, I only came up with two. :hehe:

cleaner than a new VW.. :hehe:

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
Oh, I have said many bad things about a 5.7's, usually from under the hood of some cheap guy ...

·
Registered
51 Posts
saw the cleanest 81 olds with a 5.7 diesel at local garage getting a heater core replaced this past week. belongs to an elderly gentleman who only drives it to shriner meetings. 13k original and looks new other than driver's seat which is soiled. so maybe there is four 5.7 fans out there.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I didn't say anything bad about the 5.7, just meant that they are somewhat rare these days and have a small following. I guess I was wrong when I said three fans, I only came up with two. :hehe:

cleaner than a new VW.. :hehe:
Here's another 5.7 fan, I'd love to own this truck: Little green truck build

My apologies for linking another forum, but I think you guys would appreciate the effort and results.

IMG_2231_zps716edf7a.jpg

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,741 Posts
4481 - 4500 of 6995 Posts