Diesel Place banner

321 - 340 of 6992 Posts

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Dont even try a truck Getrag... In the old BMW's like I drive they're great but they dont push 400 ft lbs of torque...

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,736 Posts
You dont think it will hold up to a 6.2?

Its cheap so i think its worth a shot.
If you already have a manual trans I'd go for it but if it involves a auto to manual swap then maybe not, but then again if you the swap then you would be that much ahead if you ever found a nv4500.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
You dont think it will hold up to a 6.2?

Its cheap so i think its worth a shot.
Yah it's cheap but all I've heard is that they kill syncrhos and are just a piss poor box. Save your pennies and do it right once. Dont forget you're time's worth something.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Body is shot to hell... That's some cancer, but the running gear, hello!

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts
That body is not bad for the age. Rockers and cab corners.
M1028 is a nice truck to have. Sheet metal is cheap.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

·
Forum Troll
5,969 Posts
Actually everyone keeps saying that. The bed looks fine from what I see. cab corners, rockers and doors. probably a little floor work. Nothing a few weekends and a few 12 packs can't fix easily.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Looking closer you are very right. Now the problem is that if I bring home another truck I'll be killed. Besides I'd rather have those axles in my 1990:D
But I could easily sell off the body and chassis... Although I do really like the idea of retro fitting that style dash in to my toyota..... :D lol

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
I come from the land of non rusty trucks, so that ones a gonner...

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
^^^ :hehe:

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
It would kill to be on the salty coast! All the rigs would be rotted out :/

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,736 Posts

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts

we tried to buy that from him a while back, was pretty hard to contact, and did not have confidence that he would ship after payment.....and i am not patient so we just bought our own manifold... we are posted on there.... is this still available? bueller? bueller?........... LOL

321 - 340 of 6992 Posts