Diesel Place banner

2681 - 2700 of 6992 Posts

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
Actually it's pretty easy, all bolt on stuff, might have to drill a few holes.
The 2wd suspension unbolts off the frame.
I have all the brackets needed for the springs...

I thought the 88 plus models were a ton more work? C10-30 wise due to the IFS, different frame rails etc?

·
Resident Gynecologist....
4,280 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I thought the 88 plus models were a ton more work? C10-30 wise due to the IFS, different frame rails etc?
Crew cabs burbs and K5s were solid axle til 91 or 92.

IFS trucks so suck to convert.. I've thought about doing mine

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,736 Posts
GMT400, I could see being a pita to change over

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
This guy I know has a 90s 3500 HD with the 6.5 i beam front axle aluminum dump it's got some drivetrain im not familur with think it's a allioson like they use on the chevy school buses with a driveshaft brake and the rear axle isn't a 14 bolt

It's red no rot rust dents it's got 115k on it AND THEY GUY USES IT FOR SCRAP RUNS :rolleyes:

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,736 Posts

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
Crew cabs burbs and K5s were solid axle til 91 or 92.

IFS trucks so suck to convert.. I've thought about doing mine

My bad, thought the listing was for a GMT truck, went back and no, so never mind, :whistle:

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,736 Posts

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
they are, he's talking about square bodies...

EDIT: LOL, only like 10 other guys posted this before me...

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
This guy I know has a 90s 3500 HD with the 6.5 i beam front axle aluminum dump it's got some drivetrain im not familur with think it's a allioson like they use on the chevy school buses with a driveshaft brake and the rear axle isn't a 14 bolt

It's red no rot rust dents it's got 115k on it AND THEY GUY USES IT FOR SCRAP RUNS :rolleyes:
nope not an allison, 4l80e, same brake system used on the hummers from the military...

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,736 Posts

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,736 Posts

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
I could have sworn I saw some smaller Allison on a bus or truck
3500 HD did not have an allison, you said 3500hd, not a bus:rolleyes:

Could have been a Allison 545

thats that pulling truck with the cummins that got banned from pulling because of that tranny, which is a 545

Idk that looks right it had a spin on filter and the parking drum brake. And the pto ports
if you are speaking about legends pics, that is an allison, but installed behind a cummins in a dodge truck, i will say again 3500hd did not come with an allison from factory:rolleyes:
Not a vehicle, but I would like these Alcoa's too bad they are on the wrong coast

16" Alcoa dually wheels. New info

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: ooooooohhhhhhhh i want..... to bad its the wrong country.....:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,643 Posts
Hey didnt those chevys come with one of them Allison automatics? Her name is allison?

Attachments

2681 - 2700 of 6992 Posts