Diesel Place banner

2401 - 2420 of 6992 Posts

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
That would be a fun upgrade. Way too much work, but super cool when/if its done.
I'll be honest. My truck soon as I'm outta school is gonna get a D-max. Gotta buy 2 trucks first though. One wrecked donor and one non wrecked truck to drive while my truck is in pieces LOL!!

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
I'll be honest. My truck soon as I'm outta school is gonna get a D-max. Gotta buy 2 trucks first though. One wrecked donor and one non wrecked truck to drive while my truck is in pieces LOL!!
If you do that, you might never go back to a 6.2/6.5. :nope:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
lame! :shake:

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
lame! :shake:
i just re-wired rattle puss completely custom, i can imagine the wiring mess involved swapping a d-max....:banghead:

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
If you do that, you might never go back to a 6.2/6.5. :nope:
The part I didnt tell you though, is the 6.2 coming out of it will probably go into the other truck I would buy :p

·
Mad (Sean) Max
9,602 Posts

·
Mad (Sean) Max
9,602 Posts

·
Mad (Sean) Max
9,602 Posts
Did I post this one...Not the best price ever but looks like a decent rust free truck. The trucks with the vertical light marker, 79 minus, are getting real hard to find around here. Can't tell if it has round headlights..rarely see round headlights here. But that's what 77 and older?

1979 GMC High Sierra | cars & trucks | Ottawa | Kijiji

·
Mad (Sean) Max
9,602 Posts

·
Mad (Sean) Max
9,602 Posts

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
Did I post this one...Not the best price ever but looks like a decent rust free truck. The trucks with the vertical light marker, 79 minus, are getting real hard to find around here. Can't tell if it has round headlights..rarely see round headlights here. But that's what 77 and older?

1979 GMC High Sierra | cars & trucks | Ottawa | Kijiji
Yup, them is round. 79 and older still IIRC. 80 was when things started changing I :idea: but there were lots of options depending on trim packages, you could get the headlights either way. 79 and 80 use a different grille mounting then the others too.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Yup, them is round. 79 and older still IIRC. 80 was when things started changing I :idea: but there were lots of options depending on trim packages, you could get the headlights either way. 79 and 80 use a different grille mounting then the others too.
Round headlights were 73-80 but in 1980 only the Silverado and Sierra Classic got the square lights. 1980 custom deluxe, scottsdale, sierra etc etc got round lights.

·
Registered
40 Posts

Attachments

·
Resident Gynecologist....
4,280 Posts
Round headlights were 73-80 but in 1980 only the Silverado and Sierra Classic got the square lights. 1980 custom deluxe, scottsdale, sierra etc etc got round lights.

I know the father in laws old 1980 silverado had square ones in. It's a pity he didn't get to see me pull it out the weeds a few years ago and start it up after 20 years of being stood there. Wasn't a diesel, but he put a nice 327 corvette engine in with shotgun exhausts.

Wish I had kept it and brought it over here to the UK.:banghead:

·
Mad (Sean) Max
9,602 Posts

·
Registered
3,606 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
2401 - 2420 of 6992 Posts