Diesel Place banner

2121 - 2140 of 6992 Posts

·
Resident Gynecologist....
4,280 Posts

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
You know we have a guy on here with a 6.5 diesel C3 vette.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,736 Posts
You know we have a guy on here with a 6.5 diesel C3 vette.
A 6.5 is ok..... it's mixing German with Plastic Fantastic that's wrong

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
What the ??? A Diesel Vette.... yes a Corvette LOL

1974 Corvette VW TDI
I could understand a duramax diesel vette, But damn a VW.:banghead:

Somebody take that guy out and beat him
Agreed, what a hack job. Why would you cut the hood for a little VW diesel? I've seen Vettes with 6.5's and Cummins with less installation mess. The engine is too small for the size of the car.

That's an 82 not an 88.

I love how he says the glowplugs went out so he parked it.... you're seriously that lazy that you can't fix the glowplugs? I'm sure it's the failure prone 82-84 glowplug switch.
Lazy shows, if you want to sell it, give it a quick bath and don't show you dump pallets on it.

·
Registered
217 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
Agreed, what a hack job. Why would you cut the hood for a little VW diesel? I've seen Vettes with 6.5's and Cummins with less installation mess. The engine is too small for the size of the car.
I disagree, I bet that TDI puts out more power than the emission plugged up pathetic SBC that was under the hood. Hack job, and the asking price. :banghead:

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts

·
Registered
1,647 Posts

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts

Attachments

·
Mad (Sean) Max
9,602 Posts
yeah dylexsic

installed in '89

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I wonder if its a 354? can anyone tell?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Lazy shows, if you want to sell it, give it a quick bath and don't show you dump pallets on it.
Seriously. There's half dozen trucks and cars for sale locally that supposedly "run and drive great" with leaves piled up around and on them and flat tires. Want to get top dollar? Make it look like it's actually moved sometime in the last year.

Or my favorite: "Runs and drives great, drive anywhere. Bring battery."

·
Mad (Sean) Max
9,602 Posts
Well to be fair, the guy is parting it out. Probably doesn't care much about the truck just wants to get what he can for it before bringing it in for scrap. Knows it might have value to someone but has zero value beyond scrap to him. Probably been sitting around his shop for several years and now he wants it gone. He's not going to put any more time into it than putting up the ad and offering the air at the shop and the forklift if you're buying an expensive enough part.

Just noticed Margot...what happened to your truck?

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
74 vette with a 350-195 hp . TDI would only be about 90 HP. building and tuning the sky is the limit, but the small block would still win.
Its just not an economy car for a TDI

1974 Chevrolet Corvette C3 Production Statistics and Facts
How much torque though? HP isn't everything. That one probably had the lowest rated small block. The TDI will easily move that boat, plus as you know, the TDI is tune and nozzles from 150 whp and 275 ft/lbs of torque.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
How much torque though? HP isn't everything. That one probably had the lowest rated small block. The TDI will easily move that boat, plus as you know, the TDI is tune and nozzles from 150 whp and 275 ft/lbs of torque.
In the link :whistle:
275 lb torque was the lowest engine, quoting a tuned TDI is pointless, the SBC can still go higher. I have nothing against a TDI, it just doesn't belong in a fullsize vehicle, let alone a vette.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
What the ??? A Diesel Vette.... yes a Corvette LOL

1974 Corvette VW TDI

That's a deal! The engine, adapter, and trans are easily worth that price. Wouldnt of been my choice of cars to put it in, but it could use some clean up work....

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
2121 - 2140 of 6992 Posts