Diesel Place banner

2001 - 2020 of 6995 Posts

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts
1989 Chevy 3500

I dont really want this but a friend does. Im not digging the stack thing. not my cup.
It should have the 700r4/ 4l60. Very unlikely it has the TH400, it should have an OD tranny.

I'd be all over that red one for a grand. i spent $500 just on my flatbed. Not crazy about the stacks either but.....
Ya, wedging the stacks between the cab and the headache rack doesn't seemed to well thought out.

·
Ex- 6BT Square Body Man
9,754 Posts
Ya, wedging the stacks between the cab and the headache rack doesn't seemed to well thought out.
How about integrating the stacks into the headboard, I have been tossing the idea around when my dump body rots away to nothing and I replace it with a flatbed.

·
Let's take the Truck!
5,651 Posts
It should have the 700r4/ 4l60. Very unlikely it has the TH400, it should have an OD tranny.

Ill have to look closer at it. Its been on my floor for 2 years and I haven't ever identified it.

·
Mad (Sean) Max
9,602 Posts
Can't image a bus having anything but a Th4xx personally. It won't be a relative of that 1/2 ton trans anyways

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts
How about integrating the stacks into the headboard, I have been tossing the idea around when my dump body rots away to nothing and I replace it with a flatbed.
Ya, I wish I had of seen the you tube video of my headache rack being hidden stacks before I spent the money on exhaust. Not a stacks fan, but stacks that arn't trying to show off and be stacks would have been cool.

Never found the video again either lol.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts

Like these? A guy with a 5.9 here in town made one of these for his truck. Really darn cool, never had seen one before!

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts
Like these? A guy with a 5.9 here in town made one of these for his truck. Really darn cool, never had seen one before!
Yup similar. Don't have much of a close up, but the 4x4 pipes on the sides would have been easy to do. Just woulda had to run the wires differently.

Attachments

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts
Reactions: floyd400

·
Resident Gynecologist....
4,282 Posts
Reactions: Bigboytoys

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Reactions: Bigboytoys

·
Whistle Pigs Are Cool
2,460 Posts

·
Resident Gynecologist....
4,282 Posts
Cool trucks! Anybody know why the military trucks were all automatic? (obviously that CUCV was swapped).
Cause most people can't shift stick. auto, Just put it in drive and let the trans do it's thing

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Cause most people can't shift stick. auto, Just put it in drive and let the trans do it's thing
Kinda what I figured. Usually what I think is that the military is concerned with strength and reliability so the manual would be preferred, but I guess if you don't have anybody that can drive it you're hosed :HiHi:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
My theory is autos last longer since more people can drive them. People will roast clutches in something driven this slow and hooking up to trailers all the time. Auto is drop in gear and go!

Anyone notice on the CUCV truck the brake master cap is on backwards :p

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Ya, they either have to spend time training 19 year-olds how to drive it, spend time and money practicing driving in all situations or just make it idiot proof. plus if you are being shot at, I can imagine it would be pretty dang stressful and I could see stalling out because you popped the clutch in the heat of the moment and be stuck in place that much longer until you got it going again. or you get people who ride the clutch all day and wear them out fast. My brother in law used to be an Army mechanic and had to fix all sorts of stuff from kids trying to jump the Humvees or finding any number of ways to act young and dumb, not to mention the abuse from "normal" use.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,077 Posts
My brother in law used to be an Army mechanic and had to fix all sorts of stuff from kids trying to jump the Humvees or finding any number of ways to act young and dumb, not to mention the abuse from "normal" use.
This is why military 6.2's got rebuilt every 30-50 k

Dumb kids do dumb things. These things would get dumber with a standard.

Reactions: smackzed
2001 - 2020 of 6995 Posts