Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a little guidance.

My Crew Cab SLT has a windshield crack from a small stone that hit it while I was cruising down the Interstate at illegal speeds.

Is there anything special about the windshield that I should look out for on replacement or can any glass place take care of this?

Thanks, Ray

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Most reputable places have no problem I had one done about 2 months ago. They do it in a matter of a half hour but it has to sit to let the sealer cure. Otherwise if you shut a door, the air pressure can unseal it.

I paid $215. It comes with the rubber moldings already on it.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
since its cracked, it will require replacement. Most auto glass companies are capable installers, there is a ton of these trucks out there and they replace these windshields often. I would check to see what your detuctable is and then call and find one that may be willing to wave it or offer to pay a part of it.. Thats the process I often use and have yet to pay one.

Eric

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
If it's just a chip put some clear nail polish in the chip so it wont spread .... Get thru the winter replace in the late spring ...

Mac

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the info. Mackin, by the time I discovered it there was a crack 8 inches long but it is not in the main field of view (between the wipers).

I just wanted to make sure there were no teeny wires, antennas, or other devices embedded in it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts