Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I just change 1 injector by.just pulling upper valve cover? Also wouldn't a balance Rate check show me which body is cracked by a very high balance apart other 7. So pissed off these Bosch remains from Pensacola Diesel and they don't even have 15 to 20k on them and they won't warranty. He said he would eat my core charge is most he will do. Bought 8 inj, turbo and CP3 pump.all at once. Just SMH

·
Administrator
19,899 Posts
Can I just change 1 injector by.just pulling upper valve cover? Also wouldn't a balance Rate check show me which body is cracked by a very high balance apart other 7. So pissed off these Bosch remains from Pensacola Diesel and they don't even have 15 to 20k on them and they won't warranty. He said he would eat my core charge is most he will do. Bought 8 inj, turbo and CP3 pump.all at once. Just SMH
You can change out a single injector: LB7 injector replacement with pics.
Balance rates can show an injector issue. Flow return rate would also show an issue

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ty so much bud! I just have to find the leaking one.

·
Registered
2007 2500HD LBZ
98 Posts
I have used UV fuel dye to find leaking injectors. Add the dye right to the fuel filter prime it up and run it for 10 minutes or so pull valve covers and inspect with a UV light. We did this on a Cat engine and were able to run it with the valve covers off and watch it leak. The return lines, banjo bolts and seals are also a possible leak point.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ty soo much. Wow what a bunch of work lol. So injector lines have to be hooked back up alt and everything else just not valve covers to find a dang leak lol. That sucks for me lol. Guessing oil leaking on floor will be a huge mess as well lol

·
Registered
2007 2500HD LBZ
98 Posts
You could run it with dye and then take apart. Hopefully you will have a trail of dye from the leak visible still.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts