Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that you have gotten your flywheel done and was wondering if you have had the time to install it yet? Any problems, good things, bad things? Do you think that you will be able to do a few orders, as I may be looking to upgrade while I am waiting on the programmers to come out for the LLY. Thanks for the help and sorry for all the questions.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have gotten a street unit and a dual disc pulling unit done. The pedal effort is more than stock but still very reasonable. The only issue for some is that the dual disc clutch will have a very noticable rattle at idle and the single disc is much better but still slightly louder than stock. I have been waiting to talk much about them until I have contacted everyone that has inquired in the past but I lost some of the contact info due to computer issues. I would be happy to talk with anyone about it in more detail but you will have to pm me your phone # or you can ask here.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The noise factor won't bother me as much as not knowing when the factory one is going to go. I don't know if I will ever get to stack programmers but it would be nice to know that the flywheel will take what I throw at it. What all is going to come with your setup and what is the price going to be? Thanks for the quick response.

·
Registered
415 Posts
CPMac,

I'm almost jumping up and down!!
Finally....close to fix for this pos flywheel. I am also interested in what the kits will come with. Any mods that need to be done. Any idea on how muck the dual disc will hold?? Thanks alot CP!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
cp mac what kind of power can we run though your set-up keep us posed it is about time some did some thing about this pos dual mass flywheel clutch set up thanks

·
Registered
414 Posts
CPMac,

I know I have a clutch job in my immediate future as soon as my throw-out bearing croaks. I can hear it whine, it's just a matter of time. When it goes, I would like to install a better clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel. I would like to install your flywheel (or better yet if you have a kit that includes it all). Please tell me more about it (price, availability, etc) via PM I guess.

I have a Quad135 box, so I need something that'll hold that. The stock unit is not cutting it.

Thanks,

Tim

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have a few different options but all flywheels will be sold as a complete kit with everything needed. There are some options that will change the price somewhat but unfortunately they are all somewhat expensive. The dual disc will hold any amount of power that I have seen up to this point and the single will hold well for most. I have a few units ready now and have more being built. The price range for a complete kit, on the versions I have now, is between $1600 and $2300. I would like to talk on the phone with anyone interested so I can get an idea of what they want or need in a clutch. I am hard to catch so if you pm me a # and time to call I will get in touch with you.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Dual-Disc's

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
If your gonna play with even moderate power levels...spend the money on a dual disc and be done with it.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I am looking forward to getting a dual disc. CPmac if your reading I need to get a hold of you as my stock setup is failing fast.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts