Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been driving my 2011 van and its almost at 200k miles.
No problems so far. Im concerned about the cp4 pump failing and contaminating everything in the fuel system. Will an aftermarket lift pump filtration system catch most of the metal contaminates??

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
So I have been driving my 2011 van and its almost at 200k miles.
No problems so far. Im concerned about the cp4 pump failing and contaminating everything in the fuel system. Will an aftermarket lift pump filtration system catch most of the metal contaminates??
No. The metal debris comes from the CP4 and goes straight to the injector rails, lines, injectors, then returns back to the tank. So all the damage is already done. No amount of lube, lift pump, or filtration will stop the bucket from turning inside the bore that causes the CP4 to fail.

Regardless, I still think a lift pump is a good thing to add. I highly recommend the best lift pump on the market from Kennedy Diesel.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Anybody done a CP3 conversion on a van and are the CP4 failures as common on vans as they are in trucks? Same unit so probably no different, just curious. I'm considering the swap as the next $ I throw at it.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Anybody done a CP3 conversion on a van and are the CP4 failures as common on vans as they are in trucks? Same unit so probably no different, just curious. I'm considering the swap as the next $ I throw at it.
I know a few people who have done it. Failure rates are the same. Currently LML parts are cheap so you could run it till it blows.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Probably right, I got a quote from my diesel shop a while back to do the conversion and it was enough to give me some pause.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Probably right, I got a quote from my diesel shop a while back to do the conversion and it was enough to give me some pause.
I have seen people go 300,000 miles with no issues but also many much sooner. Lincoln Diesel has some CP4 replacement kits for around $3,000 that includes just about everything.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yea installed quote I got was just a little north of that. From what I understand these failures are a little bit of a crap shoot, you either have a good unit that lasts a long time or you don't and there's not a good way of knowing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts