Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im sure many of you have seen me complaining about my 1093 code. I changed the fuel filter and it still throws the code. I drove 5 hours to Indiana today to haul a car back for my brothers company and I wasnt impressed climbing grades redlining doing 50 mphs. I was wondering how hard of a job it is to replace the injector pump and the regulator? I know its located in the valley under the intake. Has anyone ever done this? I know you have to buy the parts seperate now a days but I know a guy thats selling me both, brand new for 600 bucks. Im planning on doing this next weekend or the weekend after depending on wether or not I ever get my t-case upgrade pump. Ive set aside a whole saturday to do it, would that be long enough in anyones opinion whos done this or does it depend on mechanical ability. Anyways, thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Try a lift pump set up first.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Lift pumps will not do squat if the pump or regulator are screwed up, you may get more fuel to the pump, but the regulator will send it back to the tank, if the pump is bad, it is about a 6 hour job to take everything apart and r and r the pump and regulator, most of the front of the motor will have to be disassembled, along with several fuel lines, be careful not to damgage the fuel line seals. Not extemely difficult just takes time.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
I just got mine back together on thrusday and like the above poster said, its not hard just takes time. I agree 100%. Anyways, when the fellow said damn near the front of the motor comes apart I would like to add that not so much the front of the motor comes off its more the water housing and the oil fill. Also, it may look like the the actual front cover comes off but rest assured it does not, when u look into the oil fill neck mounting hole you will see the gear and large nut, at that point once u have all the lines and electrical harness out of the way, you can actually very carefuly shimmy the pump out with a pry bar(atleast that worked for me) i took the alternator off as well but not needed. Im sure i just confused you but feel free to ask more specific questions.
Joshua

1 - 4 of 4 Posts