Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you guys know if I can get a steel cowl induction hood cheaper than $540. That's the cheapest that I've found so far.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
stylin concepts has goodmark steel for 450 not sure on shipping. they are nice hoods with good fit and construction. had one on my 87

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I don't remember exactly how much but I paid less than that for my Reflexxion Hood.

http://www.reflexxion.com/rf5.html

Got it at a local auto body parts supply place.

Try to find it local as the shipping charges on a big hood can add up.

·
Registered
274 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
Does the air actually enter the back of the hood or does the massive amount of heat from the diesel motor discharged from there??????????

·
Registered
593 Posts
it will do both at low speeds the hot air will exit the hood at high speeds the cool air will be brought in to the engine compartment.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
in my opinion they're worth the money as opposed to those queer looking lund stick on's. My parts store asked me if I wanted them, and I said sure if I want my truck to look like everyone else's truck in town. Screw that.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
$399 sounds about right, but look if your local supplier has it so you dont have to pay the shipping charge.

See if there's a Keystone or other similar supplier near you.

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
And, as usual us '02 HD owners are left out...but I think that is because we have the best looking hoods out there!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
hood

I got my cowl ind. hood from Chassis Tech 1-800-289-9980.

Paid $299 plus shipping Have not put on truck yet, but looks like good quality.
Jim

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
...but I think that is because we have the best looking hoods out there!!!

Sure you do....... if that's what you want to believe

Bet it was a 02 owner who made that statement.......:lol:

·
Registered
98 Posts
I would agree with you on that one. I wanted a diesel back then but school would not let me afford it. The diesel came but with the wrong front end IMO.:mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts