Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have read a zillion posts re. headlight and DRL issues but my rig is still at the dealers for the second day trying to find out why my interior lights won't come on either with the dash switch or the door switches. Anyone else ever experience this problem ?

·
Registered
275 Posts
silly question but did they check all the fuses

·
Registered
204 Posts
Even sillier question, did they check the Dome Light Overide switch?

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Here's some possibilities for the 2002 Crewcab:

1). CTSY LP Fuse 15A

2). Inadvertent Power Relay, located in Relay Block Body

3). Courtesy Lamp Relay, located in Relay Block Body

4). Ground G203, (I think located behind headlightswitch)

5). The Body Control Module, (BCM) controls both the Inadvertent Power and the Courtesy Lamp Relays.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Modified ...
Thanks a lot for the info ... tomorrow will be the third day and they are "stumped". I'll pass it along. I know how these electrical problems can be. These are complicated systems. Thanks again.
...Kris

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Picked up the truck this evening and they restored the courtesy lighting. Sounds like they had quite a time ... first, the tech found a "B2618" code, then started diagnosing the "trouble tree" looking for short to ground on supply side of courtesy lamp relay, circuit 690 (grey/black wire). No short to ground. Tech checked connections a BCM. All good. Replaced BCM and programmed; courtesy lights still inop. More techs retracing "trouble tree". BCM not switching. Finally called Tech Assistance ... informed of new software yet to be released on this concern. Case #698023.
VCI(?) software sent to correct condition. Reprogrammed with updated software ... all lamps operational !
Now everyone can check the bottoms of their shoes at night even ...

Steve, I faxed your suggestions to the dealer late last evening ... think they were on the right track, but thanks again.

...Kris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts