Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have a 04 with 6K on it and it still smells new even,I was bored and just wanted to work up some #'s if I was to replace this LB7 truck with a LLY. may be just rediculas and not feasable but im curious. Can anyone thats a dealer that a member in here tell me a "ballpark" amount what I would be looking at. thanks Edited by: silvermax

·
Registered
118 Posts
Chevy 2500HD Duramax/Allison EC SB 4x4 SRW skid plate, dual alternator, winter cover, spare tire lock, 4x4 decal delete Dark gray metallic/Dark charcoal

INVOICE:

Base 32751.25

options 5507.44

subtotal 38258.69

advert/Adjustments 657.51

Destination charge 850

Grand Total 39766.20

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would still want the silver birch as its really easy to keep clean. CC 4x4 also.Edited by: silvermax

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sorry, can't help you w/ the CC price. Above is the order that I placed last week.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Silver max

Here is the price I will pay on the following truck.

2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD CC 153" WB 4WD

Options: GVWR 9200 LBS-(CODE C6W),

ENGINE-(CODE LLY),

TRANSMISSION-(CODE M74)ALLISON AUTO,

DIFFERENTIAL-(CODE G80) LOCKING DIFFERENTIAL,

PREFERED EQUIPMENT GROUP-(CODE 1SA) BASE PREFERRED EQUIPMENT GROUP,

TIRES-(CODE QW) ON OFF ROAD BLACKWALL,

SEAT TYPE-(CODE AE7) SEATS FRONT 40/20/40 SPLIT BENCH SEAT, 3 PASSENGER, DRIVER AND PASSENGER MANUAL RECLINING, CENTER FOLD DOWN ARMREST, WITH STORAGE,

HEAVY DUTY POWER PACKAGE-(CODE PDN) INCLUDES (LLY) ENGINE DURAMAX 6600 TURBO DIESEL, (M74) TRANSMIISION ALLSION 1000 5 SPEED AUTOMATIC, (G80) DIFFERENTIAL LOCKING HEAVY DUTY REAR,

FLOOR COVERING GRAPHITE-COLORED RUBBERIZED VINYL-(CODE PDP),

DOOR LOCKS POWER PROGRAMABLE-(CODE AU3),

GLASS SOLAR RAY DEEP TINTED-(CODE AJ1),

SPARE TIRE LOCK-(CODE SAF),

MIRRORS OUTSIDE REARVIEW FOLDAWAY CAMPER STYLE STAINLESS STEEL HIGH VISIBILITY EXTENDABLE-(CODE DF2),

TRAILERING EQUIPMENT HEAVY DUTY-(CODE Z82)

ENGINE BLOCK HEATER-(CODE K05)

COVERS, RADIATOR GRILLE & FRONT BUMPER OPENINGS-(CODE V10)

MY PRICE FOR THIS VEHCILE BEFORE ANY REBATES OR PROGRAMS $37,836 EXCLUDING TAX TITLE AND REGISTRATION

MY Salesman has worked for this dealedrship for over 25 years that I know of. After spending some time with him I found him to be a no BS type of person. When I sat down to discuus the purchase I told him I had been on line and had found the price I should be paying for the truck ( EDMUNDS.COM PRICING). When I had a question he wasn't sure of, he asked somone and got back to me with the answer. We had filled out the order on this truck on the computer the day I ordered it and had my (SON) on that day. I also had recievced my TPW (02/09/04) 2 weeks to the day from ordering which is when he said it normally comes in.

I wish you the best of luck, just make sure you are comfortable with the people you are doing business with. Fran

·
Registered
91 Posts
Along this same line - I guess I was kinda peeved after getting my '04 D/A and find out there is actually and updated engine coming right around the corner (or now, as the case may be). Should have done more homework in advance! Did not even find this site until after the purchase.

I have had similar thoughts that silvermax has. I am still under 2K miles and she still smells like new leather. I understand that "bigger is not always better" (at least I keep tellin myself that!
) but realistically - is there any real reason why I should be concerned with the LB7? Does the LBB have any negative issues that one should be concerned about? I stoppped by the dealer the otherday and they told me that the injectors were MUCH easier to get to on the LBB. Much cheaper to maintain if it ever needs injector service.... grrrrrr

I guess it is just a mental thing of knowing I just bought a brand new truck that is outdated already. I still think it the best truck I have ever driven - but the fact still remains in the back of my mind. Guess I need to just get over it and enjoy it!Edited by: BKG-22

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea it's prolly out of the question,if I could sell this truck I would buy the LLY but the differance in price would be outrageous,it looks like I'll be runnin the LB7 for 3 more years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts