Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a quote from my local GM dealer for a transmission filter (29539579) and the white breather cap (12479296). They want C$41.00 (US$31.00) for the filter and C$28.00 (US$21.00) for the breather cap. How much would it cost for you to supply and mail to Canada? It has to be mail, otherwise UPS slaps on a $20.00 brokerage fee, irrespective of the value of the package. You may also wish to quote me for a fuel filter. My dealer charged C$86.00 (US 64.50) for this item plus C$86.00 for 1 hour labor when they changed it for me last week.
I probably will not order the fuel filter from you since I hope the new Racor filter kit will be out by the time I need a new filter. Any more news about this unit. Cost, and will you be able to supply it?Edited by: railbuff

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I'll check into it and see. I have an invoice at work for the transmission filter. I will get back to you in a few minutes.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I can't find it but that seems to be close to the retail. I have a wholesale account with my dealer and the helps a bit. Sometimes you can get a pretty good deal on ebay on that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Railbuff:

Try Parts For Trucks. They carry Baldwin filters (eg fuel $31 cdn). Also Carquest carry a complete line of filters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts