Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am not a real electronic whiz and was wondering what does a dealer charge for the instal of the high idle set-up for parts and labor? I have a 03 Chevy Dmax and all of the dealers that I have called in the Chicago area are not framiler with the high idle and "will get back to me" I am just looking for a baseline price.

Thanks in advance, Larry

·
Registered
9 Posts
Larry,

If you have minimal mechanical ability, you can do it yourself very easily. I did mine this past Friday. Really not much to it. If you want I can get you a link to the instructions. Mine took less than 1 hour. Could have been less if I didn't insist on running it thru the existing wiring grommet, thru the firewall. I can offer some good advice there too. I would imagine that most dealers will charge roughly a minimum of 1 hour at what, say $65 an hour on average. The terminal and wire was $5. I got mine from Eric aka "Dmaxallitech" here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, I looked at similiar topics and saw the instructions. I will give it a try this week. Larry

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just had mine done by dmaxallitech for $107.94. A bargain anyday in my book when installed by the best Duramax guy on the planet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts