Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HATE the seats I have now, very uncomfortable while traveling.
I have only driven a few vettes, older model Greenwood edition. the seats seem to "swallow" you...........very comfortable.
I would like the same in my truck, even if I have to mod or fab some brackets. I would like to keep the heated part.
Anyone have any suggestions/ideas?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
aww come on

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
I doubt it...remember you have the seatbelt integrated into the seat on the GMT-800's so that would be one obstacle to deal with... I would never run different seats with fabbed up seat tracks, if only for crash safety...id hate to have something let go because it wasnt designed properly... :(

--ben

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
another thing to try is just really mess around with all the asjustments on the seat...I agree, if the LT/12 way seats arent adjusted JUST RIGHT they arent comfortable at all, but ive played with mine a lot and got it in a PERFECT position now and it doesnt bother me at all...

--ben

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I doubt it...remember you have the seatbelt integrated into the seat on the GMT-800's so that would be one obstacle to deal with... I would never run different seats with fabbed up seat tracks, if only for crash safety...id hate to have something let go because it wasnt designed properly... :(

--ben
yea but I travel 3k or more amonth and I LITERALLY HATE these seats, I have a bad back and these things kill me. they are to stiff, I guess.

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
maybe look into replacing them with 2001-2002 Silverado seats? They are slightly plusher and cushier...and the lumbar support is an air inflated bag versus a mechanical "pusher outter" on the 2003 and up seats. See if you can sit in a 2001-2002 Silverado LT and see if you like the seats any better. Those would be a bolt in install...

--ben

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Hmmm...I guess this is what makes the world go round.

The seats are one of the things I love about my truck, and I have cloth. I am a whipper snapper, but 700 + miles nonstop leaves me as comfy getting out as I was getting in.

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
yeah mine are adjusted just so and I love 'em...6 and a half hour drive up to school is no problem.

--ben

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the ideas guys, will give it a try.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
that's one for the books:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2005 GMC Yukon XL with Quadrasteer. LBZ conversion by Duraburb
284 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts