Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those who own corsa exhaust, is it has quiet has they say it is? looking for one close to stock, cat back, cheapest place to buy?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Yes, it is very quiet even with out the kitty .. I am not sure if you would really gain anything if you leave the cat on..there are a few pictures in my garage.. had mine dealer installed..no way was it cheap, but they take care of all the problems and also cover the warrentee..

arm

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ditto what ARM says. As quiet if not quieter than stock at steady state cruising. Low pitched rumble when in the throttle. I have absolutley no resonance or drone in the cab at any RPM. I too bought mine from my dealer by did the installation myself in about 3 hrs.

Stu

·
Registered
537 Posts
My experience exactly...

Ditto what ARM says. As quiet if not quieter than stock at steady state cruising. I have absolutley no resonance or drone in the cab at any RPM.
I installed it myself...one hour tops...took the factory exhaust in one piece -- easy. I must say that due to the price and the lack of performance sound from the Corsa exhaust (diesel application only) that it might not be for everybody. Other than that it does just as advertised.

As was noted in another thread, I compared a Corsa cat-back system on an LLY to a stock equipped LB7 and the opinion of both truck owners was the Corsa equipped LLY was quieter at idle on through 3000rpm.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Same as above. The Corsa is an extremely well-crafted product, as well as a licensed GM Accessory, which negates any warranty issues. Installation is very easy, I put mine on in less than an hour, and removed the stock exhaust intact. (Jack up the rear on the hitch to get in out from underneath.) I've had Corsa exhausts on LS1 cars as well, and have had zero issues with them.

Mark

·
Registered
43 Posts
Corsa on 02 LB7 extended cab / short box.

I put on a Corsa system last summer on my 02 D-max. Only other mod I have is Edge / Attitude.

Installation was simple. I wish it went back another inch or two because tailpipe gets very close to spring in full extension. I have not noticed any contact.

I tow a 6500# trailer with this truck. Noise level is good with trailer; wife and kids have never noticed any issue in cab. It is a little louder outside pulling into campgrounds. I have noticed a very slight drone at 55 mph / 15-1600 rpm but I don't find it objectionable. I can't remember if stock truck had same drone or not, but it seems it may have. I am an auto development engineer so I am more aware of noises than most; I think most people would be very happy with this system. I love to roll down the windows and get on the throttle....very happy sound!

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you want to hear the Corsa on an LB7, PM me. I am in SE Michigan. And I am camping all over the state this summer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.