Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My spacers will ship tommorow, they were backordered 2 weeks and the waiting list continues to grow.

A lot of GM HD 4x4 owners are buying these up. There is about a 2" difference between the front track width and the rear. causing poor tracking and understeer conditions.

I will post a few pics of my install when I get them and any other install issues and the results of the correction. check em' out here www.correctrack.com

Edited by: pepperidge

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your close enough.

IMHO I just feel more comfortabe with the Guarantees (satisfaction and 100k mi.bearing) and the fact that these are machined from solid steel.

Pepperidge

·
Registered
76 Posts
Everybody has there own reasons for their decisions.

But think about this. What are your wheels made of?

Hummm 150 extra bucks in your wallet. I have been running them for 42,000 miles so far.

Either way good luck!

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am glad you are happy with your choice. However... If you were not satisfied with your purchase then you would have a pair of $150 paperweights! Performance Wheel states "you buy it it's yours!" That's pretty hard to swallow. All I know is, If I'm not satisfied I get a full refund.

Pepperidge

on edit: Are your rotors and hubs made of aluminum?Edited by: pepperidge

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is basically an extension of your hub which is made of steel.

correctrack spacers have been tested a diamler/chry to 9600 GVW.(has performance wheel had any real tests performed on the model designed for our trucks? If so I would like to know the results) Correctrack spacers are called for by the Gov. spec. on armored Suburbans for
Germany. They are Made of Steel for Load. Steel studs and nuts to lock stock alum. wheel in place.

vs.

Alum. spacer, steel stud and nut to alum. spacer to
steel stud and nut to alum. wheel. Each expands at a different rate.

I am by far no metallurgist but this has to count for something.

I pull daily, and I would imagine by your username you do the same. I just feel more comfortable with steel.

I respect your decision, you have your reasons and are comfortable with them. That's all that counts.

PepperidgeEdited by: pepperidge

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey,

on another note if we keep this up we won't be newbies anymore LOL

Pepperidge Edited by: pepperidge

·
Registered
76 Posts
I hear you on the Newbie deal! LOL

It sounds like you spoke with the boys at Correct track. I called also because I coudn't make a decision between the two. The truth be told I had reservations about the aluminum spacers but I took the gamble.

The point here is to give everyone an opportunity to get help from others mistakes or good fortune.

Any ideas how I can spend that 150 bucks that I saved

Now I have to check your web site out!

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you could increase your liability insurance cause you have those other kind of spacers LOL

Pepperidge

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RanaExcavating1 said:
The truth be told I had reservations about the aluminum spacers but I took the gamble.

I travel with my 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 yr old children. I can't afford to take that gamble

PepperidgeEdited by: pepperidge

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have six children from 2 1/2, 6, 8, 10, 12 1/2 and 14.

PS dont look now but your heads are Aluminum on the D/Max

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ouch
don't let those furd guys hear you say that

I guess a catasrophic head failure @ 70mph(in theory) could cause a major accident. (but most likely will leave you stranded)

A hub/spacer failure @ 70 mph is most definately an accident.

Pepperidge

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How many more posts we got to go to get rid of this newbie [email protected]? LOL

Pepperidge

·
Registered
76 Posts
Dont by a Corvette! The car is 90% Fiberglass and ALUMINUM. Including everything that attaches the wheels and suspension to frame

I think we beat this into the ground
! Nice volley

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You caught me while I was sleeping. Literally!

It's 3:30 and off to work I go, Pulling my aluminum trailer with a steel frame (actually I have a featherlite on order, but it does come with steel hubs and studs)

Pepperidge

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BTW wher can I get a set of those aluminum studs? I wanna put a set on with my steel spacers. NOT! LOL

Gotta go to work guys.

Pepperidge

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just explain to me what these spacers are suppose to do? Why put them on in the first place? What trucks need these spacers? As you can see I'm in the dark as to why we need them.

·
Registered
76 Posts
They make the rear axle track the same as the front. The rear is about 1.5" narrower than the front. Better stability especially if you have a camper or tow a lot.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts