Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I just had my Dexron changed out for transynd, and installed a Mag Hytec tranny pan. This was done via the use of a machine. Was curious as the where the hot level (normal driving/no tow)should read on the dipstick. Right now it's showing at the very top end of hot. Any thoughts or advice are appreciated. Thanks very much.

- DW

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
If you are already at the top end of hot, when not towing, there's a chance you're overfilled. It takes a while for the transmission to get up to the normal "hot' temperature of 200 Deg F. if your not towing. Keep an eye on the level, and be sure to check it went the tranny temperature gets up to 200ish Deg F.

·
Registered
340 Posts
DaWhee,

Based on my own personal experience, if you tranny is at the top of the hot full mark, the first time with a heavy load ,on a hot day, when the tranny temp goes up to 200 degrees, you will push about a 1/2 qt of oil out the vent tube all over the bottom of your engine & tranny. Mine is now running about mid scale on the full hot area of the dip stick when tranny temp is 160.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Manual says you can't check hot level until above 160, don't know where you guys are getting 200?

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
You can check fluid anytime you want after startup. Fluid better be below hot-full mark when cold.

redneck45

The Allison trans without the "G" solenoid lit (activated by computer) will reach 200F in stop and go traffic. Problem is; driver is pissed because of traffic, probably has to be somewhere and he is in no mood to pull over and check trans fluid level.
Believe us, our Allys get to that temp.

mike

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
190 - 200 Deg F. seems to be the normal maximum temperatures seen when towing heavy loads in warm climates.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts