Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me out here? I been told Weld Velocity 17x8.5's have 4'' backspace and some tell me they have 4.5''. Which one is correct?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on someone gotta know...

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Someone will chime in I'm sure, can't help here, still running the factory wheels. You can always PM some folks you know are running them from their pictures if you don't get a reply. Edited by: srode

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just had a phone call from Greg at Truck Extras an internet company, and he said if your planning on lifting your truck you need to run Velocity XT's not the regular Velocity's. He said the XT's have 4.5'' and the regular ones have 5.14''. This is something I have't heard before.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I would guess you are looking at the Velocity 8's, if so they are 5.14". I was told 4.5" for a lift aswell. I'm running 4.25"

Edited by: Voodoo

·
Registered
63 Posts
im runing a mickey thompson classic 2 and my backspacing is 4" and im not lifted.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
i am running velocitys and mine are 5.125, 17 x 8.5.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, thanks guys! I guess Ill need to get the Velocity XT's then.

·
Registered
362 Posts

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Velocity 8 here also but on 315/75/16 BFG AT. I have a 7in ProComp lift though.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
9W3-HD said:
Can anyone help me out here? I been told Weld Velocity 17x8.5's have 4'' backspace and some tell me they have 4.5''. Which one is correct?

Look up 'performancewheelandtire.com' (I think that is correct. They sell velocities for the best price an know all about them. I paid 189.00 each.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Deadeye thats who Ive been talking to. They are all out of Velocity XT's, which now I know is what I would have to have to get 4.5'' of b.s., the 8's are over 5. So Im still looking.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Depends on the Lift. Do a search on lift on this site. Only those that use spindles need 4.5in or less back spacing. I think someone here is running 6" bs with a lift.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have 6 " BS without a lift. See sig.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts