Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monday February 20, 2006

Cooper Tire & Rubber Company is recalling about 288,000 replacement tires used on passenger cars and light trucks because of concerns about slow leaks and cracking in the tires. Approximately 183,000 of the tires, which were manufactured between February 2004 and January 21, 2005, were recalled because of a slow leak that may have been caused by a contaminant in the upper sidewall.

The models, used on pickups and SUVs, include Cooper Discoverer S/T, Dean Mud Terrain Radial SXT, Durango Radial XTR, Mastercraft Courser C/T, **** Cepek Radial F-C II, Mesa C/T, Pro Comp Xtreme A/T and Tempra Trailcutter Radial RT. An additional 101,000 tires used on passenger cars were recalled because of cracking. The tires were made from November 2004 to July 2005 and include the Dean Alpha 365 A/S, Mastercraft A/S, Starfire Flite-line IV and Trendsetter SE.

Cooper Tire is also recalling more than 3,000 models of the Cooper Zeon 2XS and Mastercraft Avenger ZHP because of cracking in the sidewall. The company will replace the tires for free. Owners are being warned to avoid driving at high speeds until the tires have been inspected and replace.

I emailed Cooper via there web site and got this in return

Good morning,

Thank for visiting the Cooper Tire & Rubber Company web site.

In response to your inquiry about the recently announced tire recall and which tires were included, here are the affected brands, sizes and manufacturing dates:

Make/Model Sizes Manufacture Dates
• Cooper/Dean Alpha 365 A/S
• Cooper/Mastercraft A/S IV
• Cooper/Starfire Flite-Line IV
• Cooper/Trendsetter SE P175/70R13
P185/65R14
P185/70R14
P195/70R14
P205/70R14
November 21, 2004-July 30, 2005
• Cooper/Cooper Discoverer S/T
• Cooper/Dean Mud Terrain Radial SXT
• Cooper/Durango Radial XTR
• Cooper/Mastercraft Courser C/T
• Mickey Thompson/**** Cepek Radial F-C II
• TBC Corporation/Mesa C/T
• Treadways Corporation/Tempra Trailcutter Radial
LT285/75R16
February 1, 2004-January 21, 2006
• Transamerican Auto Parts/Pro Comp Xtreme A/T
38.50X14.50R20LT
February 1, 2004-January 21, 2006
• Cooper/Zeon 2XS 235/35R19XL
245/40R20
April 25, 2004-February 12, 2005
• Cooper/Mastercraft Avenger ZHP 235/35R19XL
April 25, 2004-February 12, 2005

Cooper will notify all dealers regarding the recalls. If you registered your tires, Cooper will notify you directly.

If you have further questions or need additional assistance, please call our consumer relations department at 1-800-854-6288 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time Monday through Friday, or contact your dealer where you purchased the tires.

William

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Cool,I JUST bought Cooper tires today.Censored

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Ill be calling COOPER MON. I run the st.............Thanks for posting

·
Registered
708 Posts
So what do we get a new set of tires out of this or what? Do we just take it in and have them replace them, or do you have to have a problem with them. Mine were bough March 2004, so that seems to be in the range for the Cooper S/T. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I went in today as I'm running the SXT M/T's. The tire shop has to read the DOT code or something on sidewall to determine if tires fall under the warranty. Mine did and I'll be getting 4 new ones. Only have 8K on the set I have currently :(

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are the letting you keep your old tires?

William

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
The Ford/Firestone recall required the dealers to drill a 1" hole in the sidewall before they could dispose of the affected tires.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
NO! I don't think any tire recall would let you keep old tires. They want their liability back so it can be destroyed.

With that being said........A final burnout is called for:ro) With pics or video of cource:D

·
Registered
708 Posts
Well, I just called Cooper, and they said that my tires were not one of the ones being recalled. That sucks because these are wearing down some, and I thought I was going to be able to get a free set of tires. Oh well. Thanks again for the post.

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
mine are a RECALL;) taklked to them today about the sizes and DOT number and manufacture date . 4 new ones coming soon :D these are the best tires I have had too:ro) :ro)

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like I'm geting new tires as well:cool2: I am supose to get them first of the week next week.

William

1 - 14 of 14 Posts