Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 6.5 turbo extended cab pu 4x4 and I am loosing water at a fast rate. I believe it might be head gasket on the right side any ideas on how to detirmine if this is the case. the truck also recently has lost power dramatically and smokes some

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Moving this to proper location for better replies.

Also, Welcome to the Diesel Place. I think you will find this site to have tons of information and knowledgeable people that will help you along the way. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions. Use the search feature as many have asked the questions that you need answers to. It will be your friend. Thanks for joining up, we are happy to have you and most of all, Enjoy..

·
Registered
163 Posts
You may have a head gasket going bad, or worse, have a cracked head. I believe I had both.

I was loosing water at a regular rate, and then one day, I started loosing a lot of water. Car was extremely hard to start, and a large cloud of steam followed the hard start. I am presently in the process of locating a used set of heads to replace both of mine. Each side had cracks...

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
These heads have small "cosmetic" cracks that will form, that are okay, it's the biggies you've gotta watch out for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts