Diesel Place banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1993 GMC K3500 Sierra SLE Ext. Cab Dually. 6.5l diesel turbo, NV4500 5-speed.
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks Okdually, I figured the 2840 was the stock one, but does anyone know about the 2886? It's a number that seems highly recommended as well. Its supposedly for the Kodiaks, and kicks on well under the stock 200+ degree mark? Any one out here running a 2886 fan clutch?

·
Registered
1993 GMC K3500 Sierra SLE Ext. Cab Dually. 6.5l diesel turbo, NV4500 5-speed.
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
This was a link that was very insightful on this, therefore is the reason for my question....

·
Administrator
18,126 Posts
This was a link that was very insightful on this, therefore is the reason for my question....
If you use the Community search feature located at the top of your screen you can research the Hayden 2886 clutch.
There are several threads where members reporting using this clutch
(y)

Reactions: gmanracer

·
Premium Member
1995 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 6.5 TD
346 Posts
After some extensive research I've found the flowkooler pumps are just GMB pumps, with fancy CNC machined impellers. The reviews I've read have not impressed me either, some I think I'll avoid the flowkooler pump, and run with the much better proven, but pricey AC Delco unit.
That's my 2 cents though, on that. I hope you guys fair well with the flowkoolers. I figure that a $72 GMB pump probably has cheap chinese bearings and seals in them, to keep the cost low, as that's the area most parts fail at, when they are priced cheap. I'm in this for not only performance, but reliability, and longevity, and from my research, the flowkooler pumps seem to work well, they just dont last as long as one would expect them to?...
Look at this water pump for 139.00.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
My "take away" from this thread is that the engine coolant temp gauge SHOULD be on the passenger side head instead of the driver side.
I use the 97+HO , bolt on fan water pumps and the 9 blade stock steel fan. I've not had a cooling problem. I do keep the cooling stack clean.
Part of the factory downfall of these trucks was the very restrictive exhaust that helps cause very high exhaust temps.

Reactions: Dadddyoh
21 - 25 of 25 Posts