Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright everyone! As you may know I have a 2011 LML with 69X,XXX miles on it. Few weeks back i had to replace the TCM. When it crapped out the truck went into limp mode while driving and there was a harsh what seemed like downshift! Ever since that happened i have had a small coolant leak. Now it has turned into a sizable amount that leaks just over night. I have search the engine bay meticulously and have not seen any hose or anything with signs of a leak. So i am looking underneath the truck and notice the area right above the oil filter is soaked with coolant! I am unable to pin-point the exact location. So if anyone could kindly inform me as to what the possibilities in that area could be? Water pump is dry as well with no leaking! Thanks in advance everyone!

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Oil cooler o-ring or the adapter's seal to the rear cover failed. Do you have coolant in the oil? That would indicate the cooler failed internally (hope not).

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bac! I have not noticed any coolant in the oil. I have checked oil and trans fluid recently even checked oil again the other day and it checks out good Did notice a small leak from the oil pan. But that i can tell is the gasket needing replaced . I will check on the oil cooler for sure. I purchased a Dmax manual the other day so i will have to look up the cooler to find out the difficulty level of removing it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright Bac, I finally order the Engine oiler cooler. I had the truck looked at a few weeks back and they confirmed it was the cooler. quoted me $1100 for the work.280 for the Cooler itself. 650 just for labor. then the rest is all the misc fluids and gaskets needed for the cooler since it only comes with 2 gaskets. I actually order the Cooler on amazon for $125 NIB. Got the last one they had too!! I was looking under the truck today to see if i could do the work. It doesn't seem to bad. There are a couple bolts that look like they would be a pain in the ass to reach but they rest seems simple enough. Manual makes it sound easier then what it looks though as usual. Have you had any experience removing/installing one of these?

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
$1100?!? Pardon me if I faint.

The only time I messed with my oil cooler was when the engine was out, but it should be accessable from underneath (like changing the filter). I do know you really have to watch installing that elbow correctly.

This should help:
Duramax Diesels Forum

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea i about passed out myself when he told me that price! I tried to look up the link you shared but i do not have the "Privilege" to access it. Haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts