Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if a cool duals mbrp exhaust requires removing the spare tire or the kit leaves everything alone? any advantage other than looks?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I Have A 285 70 R17 Hanging In My Spare Tire Rack With The Cool Duels. It Is A Tight Fit And You Will Have To Play With It A Bit, But It Can Be Done. A Factory Spare Should Be No Problem.

·
Premium Member
20,558 Posts
stock size spare tire with duals is no problem... thats what I have on my truck. I run 285 tires, and just hope I dont get a flat, or else id be running 3 285's and 1 245. :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Does anyone know if the duals will work with a B&W turnover ball hitch on a 2003 3500 dually?
Thanks,
Eli

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
cozad101- No removal necessary of the spare tire. As previously mentioned though, you will need to play with the duals a little bit to get them perfectly.

runnwo- There will most likely be issues with a gooseneck hitch as the undercarriage tends to hang down where the drivers side pipe crosses over the axle. To be safe I would stick with a single kit.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I had no problems with it, but I did take it out for easy install. Love the duals! Now I don't have to look to toe passenger side to watch the smoke, its everywhere now. Being from Hampton Roads/Tidewater area, It sounds great in the tunnels!!!

Ruke

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
runnwo,

We have had a lot of customers install the duals with a B&W, it's tight very tight but they have all gotten it done! Call us if you have any questions etc, we'll be glad to help.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
191 Posts
Mark,
Thanks for the great service! I have been thoroughly impressed with DPPI's speed and quality!

Ryan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.