Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been wondering for about a year now if the big round thing after the downpipe before where the muffler was,
is a cattalitic converter or not. if i take this thing off will it make my truck any louder? will it hurt the Dmax, or dealer warrenty. im new to this forum, so im sure this has already been disscused.

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Buy a Banks Exhaust, if the dealer asks tell them you backed into an object and ruined the stock exhaust pipe.

Rather that buy a GM exhaust you went aftermarket,

AWWWWW, who am I kidding.......they prolly won't notice anything

Just order a NON CAT exhaust and be done with it.

T
NY

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Prycer said:
Ive been wondering for about a year now if the big round thing after the downpipe before where the muffler was,
is a cattalitic converter or not. if i take this thing off will it make my truck any louder? will it hurt the Dmax, or dealer warrenty. im new to this forum, so im sure this has already been disscused.
What ever you do retain stock stuff in case of a issue with the dealer so it's reversible .... I doubt it will make your truck any louder with stock 55 gallon muffler still intact ..... The dealer "could" bust your Kahona's if they wanted to ...

A free flow exhaust has it's advantage to lower EGT's and faster turbo spool up do to less back pressure in the whole system ....

If your concerned and not going to run any performance enhancers and just want a rumble I'd go cat back system .....

Welcome to the Place ....

Mac

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already have my muffler cut off, im just wondering if it would make it sound any louder with out the CAT. i pulled next to a 01-02 DMAX dually one day down here in aggieland, he didnt have a tailpipe, so i guess he had a "dump" but this thing rumbled at the redlight. he didnt try to run me though, SKEERED, but it was really loud. Im talking it was as loud as a stock cummer. anyways ive just been trying to get that sound now, i tried cutting the pipe at the end of the cab, didnt make a difference at all, actually just like stock, so i put the rest of the pipe on with a 5" tip. besides that one, im the loudest Dmax in town. anyway, thank yall for this. ive told all my buddies about it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts