Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here it goes, Ok ive been reading up on the banks big hoss bundle, it seems the max out put for the duramax maxes out to the same hp and tq weather it is a o1-05 why is this? im guessing that gm did tuning refinements and the moter is only capable of that power out put, the second is i was told not to run more than 50 extra hp through the alli or it will not last as long. so does that mean that my little lb7 300 hp can only be pumped up 50 hp so i dont hurt the trans or can i go 50 above the lbz i think is 325 so can i safely deliver 75 more hp to my lb7 and my trans will be ok or were the newer 5 speeds beefed up? I know! thats why i said confused or is the banks guy blowing hot air?

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
90 hp is about the limit.Depends how you use it.4-5 up and downshifts hurt.1-4 hold up pretty well.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

·
Registered
924 Posts
Im a newbie also.And im fixin to go to a suncoast stage 5 for my set up.This will be the first major project im gonna do.I too am still trying to get all my ducks in a row and do it right the first time with out tearng something.
Good luck on your endivor .I know im having fun with different configurations .It think it all boils down to what a person wants and what he is trying to achieve.MIne is 700hp and.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my truck will never see that it would tear my fithwheel a new one, plus i like having fast cars if my truck beats one of my cars i would cry,I would live drop a d-max into my 64 malibu and knock down some 10s on #2

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Unloaded 90 added RWHP on your truck is about all you want to run long term and never have a worry. some run a bit more power but its going to kill it eventually. If you beat on the truck towing with 90 HP you will probably do damage. Lower the tune down when towing.

The big hoss bundle is a waste IMO. Banks builds an ok exhaust and programer for some guys but you dont need all that other crap like inercooler and intake and stuff all bundled together. I'd just get a tuner if I were you. The banks is an option or there are others. :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've done pretty good with the banks set-up. I Beat the crap out of my truck, even keep a set of used junk tires for the rear for the smoke shows.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D Never limped anything but I do turn down the power for 5th gear. FYI, I've pulled a 0-60 time of 7.12 secs, don't know the 1/4 mile can't find straight smooth roads around here.
Hope this helps:)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet !!! Hey sparkyss I love your baby sitter I have a 2 year old and a 3 year old 14 months apart, and one on the way that funny but usefull shot

·
Registered
219 Posts
cooperhauling;1568836; said:
Sweet !!! Hey sparkyss I love your baby sitter I have a 2 year old and a 3 year old 14 months apart, and one on the way that funny but usefull shot
I'm always telling everybody that duct tape can be used for ANYTHING!:D I was just curious if it would hold or not.:p:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It held for sure! very cute

1 - 11 of 11 Posts