Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone has tried doing a compounded set with a turbo in the factory location and the second one downstream like the STS turbo kits for gassers. When I first installed an STS kit I was skeptical about the downstream location, I thought it was going to be extremely laggy. Low and behold, instant spooling, I have have had seat time in 3 STS equipped vehicles, Dodge Ram w/Hemi, TransAM w/LS1, and a Camaro w/LT1, all were way over my expectations. With underhood room a premium in V8 designs, I thought maybe a secondary turbo downstream would work or am I just crazy??

·
Registered
931 Posts
I believe ATS had a setup like that for a little while.......I don't think it was ever for sale though.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Clint had one on his truck. It must not have worked real well though, they released a single turbo instead.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Clint had one on his truck. It must not have worked real well though, they released a single turbo instead.

Probably cheaper/easier to live with a little extra turbo lag from the larger single.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Plus the idea of having and extra electric pump to pump oil to the back of the vehicle. If the pump ever got a short or burnt out you be out a few hundred bucks buying a new turbo. I am not a huge fan of those kits. They just seem like a hack job to me. I am not trying to say STS build bad products i have never delt with one before. It just seems like a hack job because someone didnt take the time or effort to actually build a good system for under the hood, which isnt very complicated. They just threw it under the trunck or bed.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Exhaust temp has a lot to do with spinning a turbo. I would think that the exhaust would cool down quite a bit by the time it reached the turbo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.