Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any recommendations on a good set of components i can get for around $250? just trying to figure out what to get

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am not sure on current pricing but a set of kenwood Excelons are real nice sounding have good midbass not as bright on the highs as i would like but for the price a reall nice sounding set up.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Will you be buying them from a local retailer, or online?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i will be installing them myself so i could go either way usually can find speakers cheaper online than at a dealer but i want some nice components to go with the bass of my subs

·
Registered
825 Posts
I would go to some online store like Speed & Sound Electronics and get a set of Focal 2-ways, preferably the Polyglas series. They may cost you somewhere around $280, but I guarantee they will not cease to amaze you.

If you're comfortable buying on ebay, I'd look for a set of Premium series MB Quarts. Those are also some awesome speakers.

If you're buying in-store, I'd go with a set of Boston Acoustics, although, I don't know what you'll get for components for $250 in store.

BTW, what kind of sub setup do you have and what do you plan on powering these speakers with?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'd like to see your sub box got pics?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
give me an email and i can send u some pics of my system i have 2 10s right now with about 300-400watts rms to each so they drown out the stock components pretty well- yea i have been looking possibly at a set of focal polyglass- well i have a autotek ss390.2 amp not being used that is pretty much brand new i would use, its at about 120 rms at 4ohm

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Do you have Bose?

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Infinity sells a nice powered 10" sub box w/2 passive's that will fit behind the seat on a 4 door.I think it's around $450.00 or so.

·
Registered
825 Posts
He already has subs, he's looking for components.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes just compnents, no bose

·
Registered
9,606 Posts

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Allrighty then.