Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got the truck home yesterday but it was raining to hard to get the checklist done. Got it from the local Peterbuilt dealer/service center for 1800 bucks, it was a parts runner.

Here the results:

1.Lift pump test - Fail
2.Service Engine Light - Off
3.Model year 1995
3a. Odometer reading 326736
3b. Miles on major engine components if been replaced Unknown
4.Do you have any engine codes? No
5.If you do have engine codes - what are they? -
6.Air Filter condition (visual check) Decent
7.Fuel filter condition (freshly changed or condition unknown) Unknown
8.Condition of Battery terminal connections (cleaned and tightened) Good
8A.Known condition and age of the batteries. Unknown
9.Upon cold start, does the radiator hose get hard quickly? No
10.Upon cold start, do you have excessive white smoke? Yes
11.Do you have excessive cranking time before the engine starts? No
12.Have you used the block heater, and does this effect engine starting? No - Unknown
13.During hard acceleration, do you have excessive black smoke? Yes
14.Do you have any unusual exhaust smoke issues? Startup and accel
15.Turbo check out - Pass
16.Do you have an EGR on the engine? (An F or an S engine code) Not sure how to tell - VIN is 1GCGC29F3S8147086
17.Indicate if you know if it’s a 1500, 2500, 2500HD, 3500, 3500HD. 2500 2wd
18.Indicate fuel that you are using: Bio-diesel, #2 Diesel, #1Diesel, SVO/WVO, other Unsure - pump station fuel
19.Are you using any fuel additives? If so, please list. No
20.Please indicate geographic region you are in: (example: Texas or Canada) Northern Kentucky (15m south of cincinnati)
21.Do you have any service history available that might pertain to the problem you are having? No
22.Please indicate any modifications to the vehicle that might help us diagnose better. None
23.Upon unscrewing the fuel cap, do you have a large vacuum formed in the tank? No

Here some pics:

My other ride:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Nice Truck and welcome to the Diesel Place. Don't forgot to go by the Welcome sticky and update your Sig, with the info you posted above about your truck.
BTW go by your vin you a have a "F" non-EGR 6.5TD.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I'm not sure on the above truck but don't all 2500 HD (8600 GVW) have the fender flares and 8 lug wheels, if its a LD (7200 GVW) isn't it suppose to have 6 lugs and no flares? Maybe its different on 2 wd vs 4 wd's?

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
I'm not sure on the above truck but don't all 2500 HD (8600 GVW) have the fender flares and 8 lug wheels, if its a LD (7200 GVW) isn't it suppose to have 6 lugs and no flares? Maybe its different on 2 wd vs 4 wd's?
On no he didn't , and done opened up that one again :eek: :eek: :eek: 6 lugs 8 lugs what will it carry.

I'll search for the post couple of months back that discusses this, for burbs, I think it's still unresolved for trucks.

·
Registered
8,014 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This truck has the 8600 gvwr and the 8400 rear brakes. I checked my RPO codes today. I don't think it's an "HD" there is no code or badge for that.

·
Registered
684 Posts
should come out alright for only 1800$ Stay a while, you'll learn plenty!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts