Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Dan at Xtreme Diesel Performance. For anyone interested in the capabilities of the Banks Six-Gun module, we’ve finally had a chance to run one on our Mustang 1750 Dyno. Visit the link below to see our results for all six levels. If you have any questions I will do my best to answer them for you.

http://xtremediesel.com/sixgun_duramax.htm

·
Registered
60 Posts

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

Results look good! Will the speed loader let you shift on the fly from level to level? Im not too sure what it does?

Thanx , Jeff</TD></TR>
<TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Looks like socaldmax pegged this one
" Now let's talk about your dyno chart. The first thing I notice is the scale used. The bottom of the scale starts at 150hp rather than 0. Not outright deceptive, but showing the chart from 150hp to 350hp rather than 0 to 350hp radically accentuates and exaggerates the difference. So much that at first I didn't notice that the Six Gun with Speed-Loader peaks at somewhere around 335 or 340hp. the stock curve shows 250hp... my calcumaguesser says that's only an 85 or 90 hp gain. Far below the 155hp I expected to see on there."

HP 239.0 @ 2900

Torque 452.8 @ 2650

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Six-Gun Level 1

HP 263.9 @ 3250

Torque 461.6 @ 2750

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Six-Gun Level 2

HP 309.9 @ 3250

Torque 542.8 @ 2750

Six-Gun Level 3

HP 317.8 @ 3250

Torque 565.2 @ 2250

Six-Gun Level 4

HP 325.1 @ 3250

Torque 627.2 @ 2250

Six-Gun Level 5

HP 327.7 @ 3250

Torque 660.2 @ 2250

Six-Gun Level 6

HP 340.3 @ 3250

Torque 704.7 @ 2250

Purchase the Six-Gun no thanks the 90 hp juice is easier

notice these are hot juice runs but the standard 90/250 is shown as level 4 standard..........alright banks guys make your marketing point now
Edited by: sdaver

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hmmm.

I didn't predict anything, just read the numbers off of Bank's own dyno sheets.

The peak torque obtained at this shop was 705ft-lbs at 2250rpm.... quite a bit less than the 850ft-lbs @ 1800rpm shown on the Banks torque chart. Perhaps there was some difference in testing method or dyno setup that could explain this, but since none of the other tuners on the market had a curve that made that much torque at such low rpm, I didn't see how tuning could do it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">Just talked to a Banks tech, he rode in a 3500 duelly stockintake and exhaust, with six gun, yesterday. Just playing around trying all levels ( no towing). Claims EGT gauge showed no higher than 1050. Said it was a rocket ( and no smoke). Whats up with the smoke claims on the juice anyway? Isn't that just an indication of inefficiency? I am still looking for the box for my 04 LB7
</TD></TR>
<TR hb_tag="1" UNABLE="on">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
1 Posts
my calcumaguesser says that's only an 85 or 90 hp gain. Far below the 155hp I expected to see on there."

Hey SD,

I think your calcumaguesser needs a recalibration. The stock run shows the truck putting out 239 HP. The Banks box on level 6 puts out 340 HP. According to my math that is 101 HP and you say their dyno chart is deceptive? What gives? The dyno chart has the numbers on it, regardless of what it starts at you would need to read it to interpret it. Also you compare an independant test results to the dyno charts published on the Edge web site. C'mon.... If you look at this test it was done without the optional speed loader. Without this, Banks only claims about 120 HP NOT the 155 HP your are mentioning.

Get your facts straight dude....

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
hey joe.........join up just to smack me I consider it a honor.....fact is they got carried away with their own press reports. What happened to the torque? In reality its much lower than any thing I run daily(even with the loader).....Some of the newer programs I have, have some improvements coming when some fuel issues are resolved but as another infamous tuner here says we are working on it. As for the banks claim of the highest hp tuner they better call edge quad tst or tts........Yes I used the edge dyno sheets but their results have been repeated on more than one occasion since your new maybe you should do a little reading.Edited by: sdaver

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
hey Joe 100....tell us a little about yourself...

Where you from....what you got....awfully funny this is your first post..

Troll perhaps.....or maybe you are a clone....hhhmmmmmmmmm..

·
Registered
83 Posts
XtremeDiesel-

Looking at Banks charts,

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=9 width="100%"><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD width=181 bgColor=#ffffff>Six-Gun, Level 6</TD>
<TD align=middle width=100 bgColor=#d9d9d9>Stock</TD>
<TD align=middle width=100 bgColor=#f3f3f3>Banks</TD>
<TD align=middle width=100 bgColor=#d9d9d9>Improvement</TD>
<TD align=middle width=100 bgColor=#f3f3f3>Results</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=9 width="100%"><T>
<T>
<TR>
<TD bgColor=#f3f3f3>Rear-wheel Torque: peak-to-peak</TD>
<TD bgColor=#d9d9d9>458 lb-ft (1800 rpm)</TD>
<TD bgColor=#f3f3f3>803 lb-ft (1800 rpm)</TD>
<TD bgColor=#d9d9d9>+345 lb-ft torque</TD>
<TD bgColor=#f3f3f3>75% more, peak-to-peak</TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>

Did you see comparable @ 1800 ? I can't quite make out your chart on my computer. ON EDIT:Sorry after looking at your chart again it looks like approx 450#/ft @ 1800 rpm if I am reading it correctly.Edited by: aztjc

·
Vendor
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys this is Dan at Xtreme, I just stepped in the door.
I just want to let everyone know that the results posted are with out the speed loader option. I’m just showing what the unit did for us on the dyno, the numbers are what they are. When I get back to work tomorrow we will post the Edge Juice with Attitude run. The run took place minutes after the Banks run, on the same exact truck. The results are impressive, and you will see a side by side comparison. We are not trying to alter anything or push one specific product, we drive the same trucks you do and look for the most power out of them. The post will be placed on the performance page and I will remove all links to purchase anything.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
XtremeDiesel said:
Hey guys this is Dan at Xtreme, I just stepped in the door.
I just want to let everyone know that the results posted are with out the speed loader option. I’m just showing what the unit did for us on the dyno, the numbers are what they are. When I get back to work tomorrow we will post the Edge Juice with Attitude run. The run took place minutes after the Banks run, on the same exact truck. The results are impressive, and you will see a side by side comparison. We are not trying to alter anything or push one specific product, we drive the same trucks you do and look for the most power out of them. The post will be placed on the performance page and I will remove all links to purchase anything.

Excellent and thanks for complying Dan ..... I look forward to the results, as others do also ....

Mac

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
I am very glad to finally see some independent dyno results. It is about time. Every post in this tread incuding Joe 100,troll or no troll has had some truth. Nobody here has spoke any lies or anything that is not true. Believe it or not you are all correct. Yes the original graphs published by Banks were misleading. I am sure there sales engineers new this was the best way to represent there product. Obviously the Banks 6-gun will never win the "peak HP" or "peak TQ" war. Speed loader or no speed loader. If you go to the Banks sight and read the plain white sheet of paper, it explains alot about the product. They basically state that they are trying to develop a product that is safe for all users at all alltitudes. They have to much on the line to "fry" peoples engines or trannys. Go run a 6-gun on level 6 up a hill with a 10,000 lb. trailer and do the same with all the others on max. level and see who comes home cryin first. The Banks will not win but it could probally due it all day long. Each tuner has a specific "niche". You high HP guys don't need to get your pantys all up in a wad. You are still #1 in my book! In the meantime it would be interesting to learn more about this product and it's specific "niche". Please tell me the EXACT modifications to the truck that these test were performed on. Exaust,intake,tire size, tranny as these items are all relavent. Please give me some very descript accounts of real world driving and towing scenarios. My stock Dmax is as smooth as glass and I would never want to do anything to jepordize that. I love my soft shifftin tranny. I love my complete reliability. I love how smooth she accelerates and how smooth she cruises down the highway. As an old Oklahoma friend of mine says" Sounds like she is tying every bundle". I want to be be able to say that about my truck for a very long time. I have read every post on this site in regards to tuners and have a very good understanding of the different modules and programmers available. I also have learned a thing or 2 about the manufactures, themselves and there customer relations. They are all competing to get my dollar and they are all runnin neck and neck. I need to find the one that is right for ME. Please, lets all learn about the 6-gun. You high HP guys have nothing to worry about. Your are still # 1. in my book. Buy the way, have you ever heard of ENZYTE?

ON EDIT: April 3rd. 2004 When a guy rereads his post, it is easy to see ones errors. Hindsight is truly 20/20!Edited by: Bronco

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hey Joe100, welcome to last month. You joined the party - late. The quote you're disputing was made by me - about a month ago. It was in reference to BANK's OWN dyno charts, NOT independent testing. Their ad copy says 155hp, their dyno chart shows 85hp, that is still a discrepancy.

This dyno run that YOU are referring to was recorded YESTERDAY 1/28/04 and does indeed indicate 101hp gain, better than Bank's own chart and without the speed loader. Still a far cry from 155hp.

Furthermore, I'm referring to the results of independent testing of the Edge box by myself and only about 2345 other Duramax owners, and we've seen anywhere from 85hp gain (on my truck, naturally) to over 90hp, from a box advertised at 90hp. The 125hp version has been tested to produce 135-138hp, the 145hp version has produced 145hp or better on every truck dyno'd... Search thru about 1.5 yrs worth of posts in the 6600 forum on The Diesel Page and all of the posts in the Power forum here for more background info.

Get YOUR facts straight. Dood.

joe100 said:
my calcumaguesser says that's only an 85 or 90 hp gain. Far below the 155hp I expected to see on there."

Hey SD,

I think your calcumaguesser needs a recalibration. The stock run shows the truck putting out 239 HP. The Banks box on level 6 puts out 340 HP. According to my math that is 101 HP and you say their dyno chart is deceptive? What gives? The dyno chart has the numbers on it, regardless of what it starts at you would need to read it to interpret it. Also you compare an independant test results to the dyno charts published on the Edge web site. C'mon.... If you look at this test it was done without the optional speed loader. Without this, Banks only claims about 120 HP NOT the 155 HP your are mentioning.

Get your facts straight dude....

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Bronco said:
You high HP guys have nothing to worry about. Your are still # 1. in my book. Buy the way, have you ever heard of ENZYTE?

I guess you got me on this one, I must have a more sportier model and no need for additives.....stop by....I can prove it...

Weren't you the same one claiming the tires spinning through 3 gears, no defuel, no smoke.....you jumping ship already....sounds like YOU need some ENZYTE.....and a set of balls to go along with it.Edited by: BIG DIPPER

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
sounds like to me you have found peace and harmony....."My stock Dmax is as smooth as glass and I would never want to do anything to jepordize that. I love my soft shifftin tranny. I love my complete reliability. I love how smooth she accelerates and how smooth she cruises down the highway."
so bronco why are you still beating your gums here.......If you really want to know whos number one in my book then stand in front of a mirror hold up your right hand pull down the first and third finger and look... theres your number one

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Earlier quotes from Bronco,

Banks claims you can use all there settings without tranny upgrades or an exaust probe. Maybe this means they make no power?

AND

There dyno charts have been the most mis-leading mis-construed dyno charts in the history of mankind. If you are really only talking about a peak horepower increase of 70-90 then it seems reasonable to not need tranny upgrades or an exaust probe?

No ship jumpin. Just tryin to sort through all of the flag wavin BS. My money pit usually is sitting in my garage needing some new goodies.(66 Bronco) When it comes to my Dmax I like to shop twice and buy once.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.