Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year ago I brought my truck in under warrenty for a problem I was having with my compass and temp gauge in the mirror. As I was driving it would turn off, then go to a scrambled look as if I just started the vehicle and then back to normal. It only does it every now and then. When the dealership looked at it they called me up 2 days later and told me they couldn't duplicate it at that time. A couple months later my vehicle warrenty ran out and I am still having that same problem maybe once a week, that I notice. Should this still be covered under warrenty since it was happening before my warrenty ran out and they didn't do anything about it at that time?

Jeff

·
Registered
9 Posts
I believe that if you had the vehicle in for this problem and it was not fixed while under warranty, that the dealer would still be obligated to fix it. They should not charge you for this work. I think that the only negative would be that they may have to keep and drive it until they can duplicate the original problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
acehi,
Had the same problem as you. Would read 90 degrees when it was 40 out. The compass would just spin and go from North to south with the truck at idle. Took it to the dealer and of course it worked like new. I told them every time it went in for service or warranty work. Finally they got sick of me complaining and fixed it (replaced mirror and the sensor). As far as warranty work, hope you have the receipt that states "could not duplicate customer complant". Most dealers will not log it if they could not find a problem.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
I have seen a few problems similer to above, All have been fixed by replacement of the mirror assembly.. None have came back on me yet

·
Registered
473 Posts
I had the same problem in a 1999 Tahoe, they replaced the Mirror assembley. It worked good after that. When mine would mess up the monochromatic on the drivers outside mirror would not work also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts