Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So....

The new Ford commercial shows a Dually 6.0 outpulling a Dually Duramax.

And the new Dodge commercial shows a Hemi outpulling a new Ford gasser.

So....

Where does this leave the Gm truck?

In Last place?

·
Registered
183 Posts
That's not the "new" Ford commercial, it's the one they used when the 6.0L PSD came out. At one time, it included two guys sitting in the stands at the end, and one said something like "Well, I guess that about settles it." They just started running it a lot again recently, probably trying to get a little more mileage out of a commercial that is obsolete. Somehow, I doubt the LLY Duramax would lose like that against the 6.0L PSD. It will be interesting to see the results of a test between the LLY Duramax, the 6.0L PSD and the 325/600 CTD. I'm sure Trailer Life, or PickupTruck.com will have one this summer.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I tell my friends and family that the fraud PS is gutted and the Dmax has a full trailer and the emegency brake is fully engaged. Every Da*n time that commercial aires my brother in law calls and asks if I saw that fraud ps outpulling the dmax.

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
The funny reality of it all is these trucks are all so so close in stock form. Just enough difference to make you think you are getting a choice. The petro companys and the raw material companys really do not care who's truck you buy. GM owns Ford stock shares. Ford owns Dodge stock shares. Dodge owns GM stock shares. I say just buy the one you like and be happy.
Edited by: Bronco

·
Registered
464 Posts
Question is: Why didn't GM increase the power of the Max a liitle further?? There new LLY engine is still the weakest engine on the market. Beat by dodge on both end and ford on atleast one. I spoke to the engine guys at the Detroit show and all they said was "we increased our torque substantially with this engine". That maybe so but it was not enough. I just though GM would raise the performance enough to take top honors for atleast a year or so. Just my opinion :)

Jason

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
When does it end in horsepower war ,when you pull away from the stop light lined up with the competition with fifth wheel in tow gun it and you rip the hitch right off the truck ??

Ok I'm game ....

Mac

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hey Mackin,

You need to get a better hitch, because it begins when you start tearing the rear-axle off the frame. Just Kiddin..... Gota love the power these things make.

I can't wait till mine arrives..........

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mac

Now there is a visual... big cloud of black smoke...fifth wheel w/hitch bouncing on pavement.. LOL I'm feeling a Edge, Quad etc.commercial coming on.....

Aren't a couple of trucks here approching that level of HP?
Some wars will never end.

Mike

·
Registered
91 Posts
I read somewhere that Ford has had to cut the power of the 6.0 so it won't destroy the Torqueshift tranny. They have new programming that reduces the power to about the same as an old 7.3 from the #'s I have seen. Go Ford.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Now remeber Chevy/GM usually understates HP Ford always overstates it. Seen many dyno articles on cars and such and GM's often come close to claimed HP at the rear wheels. Fords never come close. Not sure about Dodges. Remember Ford recalling the Mustang Cobra because it was no where near rated power? Ever see GM do that one?

As for the truck commercial one thing to remeber Fords are available with 4.10 rear gears. DMAX only gets 3.73's. That would make some difference, wonder which gears they used for the comparison?

·
Registered
218 Posts
The simple truth is Ford out beat us with the 6.0 on torque and horsepower, it was proven in independent testing more than once. Gm stood up to the plate with the torque ( whats really important), I don't see 10 flbs/15 hp making a huge difference in sales. What will sell Dodges is so far they're the only really dependable diesel that's out there. This injector head thing needs to be resolved now or our resale will be squat. The Ford deal went just like I predicted, that's why I'm in a GM and hate to admit it's been a better "work" truck so far. I tow hard. Last week I towed a 10,000 lbs 35' boat thru the hills of RT.3 going toward Augusta, when I could get the damn thing down to 4th (out of overdrive) the thing would rip up hills at 70 mph like nothing while tractors were doing 30 mph. Thank you Edge. It still looks like a station wagon with a pick up bed but it works for real. Quite a change for GM for the past. 350 hp/650 torque, some real size tire and wheels, alittle flair around the wheel wells and you'd have the perfect truck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts