Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's the deal. Up until tonight I was pretty set on getting the Silver Birch. A nice moderate, stay-clean color that is unique also. Then tonight a friend and I go out and scope out the trucks at the Pullman dealer. Got about 7 sitting around in the Silver Birch. Now, it is probably because of the light, but the Silver looked pretty flat and not real neat. I am now considering the Dark Grey. What I would like are some pictures of trucks with that color. Also, does anyone have the color that could offer an opinion on scratches, swirls, dust, ect. Thanks alot in advance. Never would have thought a color desicion would be this tuff.

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
RED.

GMC

Seriously though the Red shows some scratches but is pretty easy to keep up with. Dark color with clearcoat are tough.

Pewter is easiest, the Birch does look nice from the PICS I have seen.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Sometimes I really miss the Pewter color of my 01 HD.. I am very anal about the appearance of my vehicles... ya I know, why did I get black then.... I have just learned to accept the fact that it scratches easier and shows swirls.. the lighter the color the less noticable, the darker the color the more noticable. People have commented on Blue, Green and Black all showing swirls and being tuff to get rid of...not sure about the dark grey, but would assume it would fall in the same category.

I plan on trying the Zaino swirl remover sometime to see if it works..

Bob

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Dad has an 03 D/A CC in Dark Grey. It's a sweet lookin color but it does show dirt very easily. Silver would probably be easier to maintain. Would have to see it in person to decide though.

BTW, the Zaino Z5 works great for swirl marks.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I love my green - looks almost black in the morning & at night. Is dirty about 35 seconds after washing it.... lol

I love the color though.

I also like that new grey & the new blue.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a 02 crew cab that is pewter and it hides the

scratches , chips and dirt . Looks great cleaned up . I hope you find

the color that catches your eye. Good luck

·
Registered
393 Posts
Edited by: GMC-2002-Dmax

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL, this color thing is horrible. Tonight went and looked at some more Silver Birch trucks. I really like the color. From some angles it brings on a real crisp silver look, while from others you can almost pick up a slight gold tint. With the addition of chrome step bars and keeping the wheels clean, I think it will still be a flashy truck. The Sandstone is really gold, but it is also a nice color.

Those Dark Grey trucks that looked so good at night look pretty dirty in the sunlight.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now I am really messed up. Tonight I helped out a dealer buddy by ferrying one of his Dmax's back from the Fair. A Sandstone Ext. Cab Shorty with the D/A. Pulling an empty three horse Circle J. Anyway, so now I am thinking that the Sandstone is a pretty color also. Silver was nice. Dark Grey looks good, but it is so dusty 'round here that I couldn't have that.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have Carbon Metallic, its a nice color but shows the dirt real bad. Silver Birch replaced Pewter but I haven't seem one yet. I wanted Pewter or White but neither was available fitted out like I wanted when I got mine and my wife lilke the Carbon Metallic, you know the rest. Truth is I would let her pick any color, that way she thinks it was her idea to get a diesel. She hated it at first but she's coming around, maybe someday soon she'll drive it. Still have the old 88 Chevgasser and she drives it because it doesn't have air bags.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts