Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$2.39 diesel at the Shell station, about 4000 S. Parker Ave. Seems like a good price around metro Denver.

·
Registered
734 Posts
last i saw was $2.69 over here and $2.40 in AZ last week.
One thing i noticed was in AZ that a block away diesel would be 20 cents more.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
$2.69 here in Southern Cal. and at a station I regularly go to they all of the sudden added a $.10/gal credit card charge.

·
Registered
13 Posts
$2.46 here in central Ohio today

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I was up in the mountains over the weekend, the conoco truck stop on I-70 east of eisenhower (cant for the life of me remember the name of that town), anyway they were $2.38, I couldn't believe it. In parker it ranges from 2.48-2.54 right now

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's the part that drives me crazy, same station chain, but less than a mile away .20 more!! WTF!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice It Seem Like The Shell Station On Parker Rd,and The One One On Hampden&cambers.go Back And Forth On Who Is Lower Priced.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Wow, that is dirt cheap for the red stuff even, here it hasn't been below $2.00 since about June of last year, I hope it goes down cause I have about 50 gallons left in my tank...

·
Registered
734 Posts
with prices that that i am tempted to run it...but i need to know the FACTS about the fines..I have heard from $500 - $10,000. Once i know the price i might just take the chance and fill her up.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've also heard up to $10,000 I'm sure that is what the maximum the courts could charge you but I would seriously doubt any judge would inflict those types of fines unless he was an unfortunate recipient from the smoke stories you hear. One thing I have considered are the diamond plate tanks that look like standard tool boxes, just plumb the transfer tank to the existing lines and nobody's the wiser. I spend about $1000-1200 per month on fuel, so it would be a considerable amount saved. Okay, okay, I now have my nomex coveralls on, so I can endure the flaming I'll probably get for cheating the gov out of tax money!!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
The fine around here is $5,000. I have been checked once, but that was becuase the cop was a prick and I had a 100 gallon tank full of the stuff in my bed for the farm. Has anyone tried sticking one of those thingys down into your tank? Its harder than it looks, the stupid guy screwed with it forever, I was like I can just get a sample up by the fuel filter, he insisted it came out of the tank...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Diesel here in Rockwall, TEXAS just east of Dallas is $2.34 per gallon

·
Registered
734 Posts
I have had the same ideas as you MileHighCTD...if you run on red for a period of time the ticket will almost pay for itself by running dye.
I have also had the idea of splicing into my fuel line from a 100gallon take in my bed. every single time i see someone get their tank dipped its from the OEM tank. So if you bypass the OEM tank they wont have a clue.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As long as they don't check at the filter I think were in business, keep half a tank of #2 in the stock tank all should be good.
This one would be perfect. http://zylstraauto.com/docs/eagleclassicauxcombo.pdf[/URL]

·
Registered
734 Posts
Well i did it...I am living dangerous now! lol

I bit the bullet and now my tank is plum full of of RED...i recommend it, it gives the ole girl 300 extra HP! lol

I am going to check on some tanks too.

·
Registered
223 Posts
JUst filled both trucks at the tune of 103.00. NJ runs deisel check pionts at all major freeways at the same time evry month. If you drive a pickup your clear as most are under 26000 lbs but some times they have a spare trooper to run down a commercial pickup to stick it. I have construction equip. and run only offn road in them because NJ is a Green state and the fine is 10000 no questions asked. Any way #2 is 2.35 locally here red is 2.15.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts