Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the spray-in bed liner matched to the truck color. I ordered my truck in arrival blue and was gonna get the line-x over the bed rails and also color match it. I started thinking, if I did black you could tell its a liner but if its color matched, would it look like there was something wrong with the paint, since its textured, until you got up on it to see its a liner. I didnt want to drop all the extra money for a colored liner just to have it give the look of something being wrong with the paint. Also, are there any negatives with color matching ? Like fading or anything else ?

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
i've heard that custom colors do fade more than black, but i've only seen one colored liner and it was silver on my uncle's silver tundra. looked fine to me althought it wasn't very old at the time.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I would think after enough time the color would not match anymore. There must be a reason I have never seen any but black.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The applicator (who gets extra for colors) warned me off the colors saying they would fade and the color is not warrantied at all. I wanted white and he told me that a year in the <st1:City><st1:place>Phoenix</st1:place></st1:City> sun would leave it an off-white yellowish looking mess...

·
Registered
85 Posts
I sprayed my Arrival Blue truck with Rattleguard bedliner. I used arrival blue tint and it came out a lot darker than my truck. It looks good but it is definately darker.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have seen speedliner sprayed in a Forest Green to match the truck and it looks good now. I would suspect that over time it would vary from the trucks color as others have mentioned. This application was over the rail. It was hardly noticeable until you got pretty close. Didn't look like paint flaw though. I prefer the finished look of aftermarket bed rail caps. I had my Line-X sprayed under the rail and added Bushwacker caps.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I will stick with black. I run a four wheeler in there all the time and I think it will make it look bad faster. I guess since I will have a tonneau cover on there most of the time, it dosent make much sense paying extra for the color anyway. I had thought about bed rail caps but I have heard a lot of people telling me about corrosion problems with them.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
The dealer told me the color would fade after a while and no longer match the truck. Decided to go with black.

·
Registered
363 Posts
When I had mine Line-X done, the dealer said he could get close to the arrival blue, but could not guarantee it. He also said it would not have the "metallic" look to it that the arrival blue does and that the color could fade. So, I went with the black. With the tonneau cover, all you see is the over the rails part anyway. From a distance, it isn't very noticeable.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Mine was sprayed with Line-X and the guy who applied it offered the color matched liner, but warned against it for the reasons mentioned here. I have had the black in it for about a year now and it has faded.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im gonna get the black. Are you guys happy with the Line-X ? Would you do it again ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I`m Very happy with mine, It looks great and it`s almost bullet proof !!

I went with black over the rail, More coverage (over the rail)= Less rust in the long run.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I am thinking about a Superliner. Supposed to be tougher than a Line-X and is gauranteed not to fade. Multi colored logos and designs can be added also. Here is the website: http://www.bedliner.comEdited by: 03GMC2500HD

·
Registered
349 Posts
Very happy with mine. Will do it again. I think you made the right choice in going with black.

·
Registered
349 Posts

I chose the Bushwacker bed rail caps because I personally think they are more finished looking than having the liner sprayed over the rails.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Maynard9089, that looks nice. Is that the Extang tonneau ?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yes, the Extang Classic Platinum. It's a nice cover but I wish I hadn't skimped and gone with the Retrax. Maybe next year. We plan to upgrade our travel trailer to a fifth wheel eventually so the retractable cover would be nicer. My last truck had a drop in liner so when I bought a tonneau for it I wanted something between it and the paint. Thats when I first bought a set of Bushwhackers. Liked them enough to buy them again.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Definitely happy with the Line-X. I would do it again. Went over the rails.

·
Registered
747 Posts
HeavyD said:
Mine was sprayed with Line-X and the guy who applied it offered the color matched liner, but warned against it for the reasons mentioned here. I have had the black in it for about a year now and it has faded.

Try this: http://www.justonce.com

It will fix the fade.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i had a friend put in a color matched liner is his truck. they never did get the color very close. on top of that its already fading after being in the truck for less than a year. i'd stick with the black.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts