Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I know this has been covered before but is there anywhere that I can purchase a full pillar pod with the bose speaker cutout that is painted to match my dark grey interior? I would rather not have to deal with painting it and waiting on the pillar is holding up the order on my guages at banks and I am not very patient so im thining about cancelling the pod and just having them send the guages asap.

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,094 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for those sites, The prices on the first one are better than I am going to pay right now even when adding 10$ to color match. I am thinking of going with a dual pod cause all im adding are EGT and boost but for like 2$ more maybe I should go with the triple. I just don't know else I would want to monitor. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
463 Posts
chaps said:
Thanks for those sites, The prices on the first one are better than I am going to pay right now even when adding 10$ to color match. I am thinking of going with a dual pod cause all im adding are EGT and boost but for like 2$ more maybe I should go with the triple. I just don't know else I would want to monitor. Anyone have any suggestions?

I just received my "color matched" triple pod and gauges from RPM Outlet today. The tan color of the pod is not even close to the truck's interior...Not even close!
The friction nails that came with the pod are BLACK!

Other than that, everything else was okay.

I'm not going to bother sending it back. I figure it'll be a good 2 week turn around, and I dont feel like waiting that long. I'll just get some paint locally and do it myself. I did however, send an e-mail to them that unmistakenly expresses my disappointment.
I'm curious to see what their reply will be.

Regarding what to monitor with the third gauge, I too was unsure, but after getting some great advice here, I decided to install an oil temp gauge.

Now comes the fun part.
Installing it all. This may not sound like a very big deal to some, but drilling the manifold already has me sweating.
I plan on using the "Hoot method" and saying lots of prayers!

Kevin

·
Whipper Snapper
4,487 Posts
I paid the $10 extra for the color match option and it wasn't even close. I have a dark grayish blue interior, and the pod appeared to be black, or very close to it. Didn't worry about returning or emailing them about it.

Bottom line, take your fuse cover to the local paint or auto store and have them mix you up a batch of the paint. I ended up paying $20 for a quary of perfect match paint, a can of plastic prep spray, and a throw-away sprayer for the paint. Took about 2 hours total to coat it three times, and matches to perfectly.

·
Registered
463 Posts
sp33d said:
I paid the $10 extra for the color match option and it wasn't even close. I have a dark grayish blue interior, and the pod appeared to be black, or very close to it. Didn't worry about returning or emailing them about it.

Bottom line, take your fuse cover to the local paint or auto store and have them mix you up a batch of the paint. I ended up paying $20 for a quary of perfect match paint, a can of plastic prep spray, and a throw-away sprayer for the paint. Took about 2 hours total to coat it three times, and matches to perfectly.

That's exactly what I am going to do also...

Kevin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts