Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am buying a new 2500HD and was set on getting silver/tan. But my dealer says tan interior is not available. Was tan deleted in 04? There are silver/tan 03 combos on EBAY right now.

Please clear this up for me. Confused.

Michael

·
Registered
570 Posts
masterp2,

First I will say welcome to The Diesel Place. The only color you can not get tan with is Silver Birch.

Here is some more info for ya

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="95%" align=center bgColor=#000000>
<T>
<TR>
<TD class=page align=left width="30%">2004 Silverado 2500HD</TD>
<TD class=page align=middle width="40%">COLOR AND TRIM - SOLID PAINT ZY1</TD>
<TD class=page align=middle width="25%"> </TD></TR></T></TABLE>
<TABLE borderColor=#999999 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="95%" align=center border=1>
<T>
<TR>
<TD bgColor=white colSpan=7>
<TABLE height=46 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%">
<T>
<TR>
<TD class=contentsmall height=30>
< name=pageDrop =# method=post><NOBR>S = Standard Equipment </NOBR><NOBR>A = Available </NOBR><NOBR>-- (dashes) = Not Available </NOBR><SELECT onchange="if(this.optionsselectedIndex.value) location.href=(this.optionsselectedIndex.value)" name=page target="_blank"><OPTION value=proddesc.jsp?year=2004&vehicleID=302&regionID=1&divisionID=1&regionID=1&section=col_trim&ID=4&pagenum=&butID=3&page=9 ed>SOLID PAINT ZY1</OPTION><OPTION value=proddesc.jsp?year=2004&vehicleID=302&regionID=1&divisionID=1&regionID=1&section=col_trim&ID=6&pagenum=&butID=3&page=9>SEO Solid Paint</OPTION></> </></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD class=contentsmall height=20><NOBR></NOBR><NOBR>
= Included in Equipment Group </NOBR><NOBR>
= Included in Equipment Group but upgradeable</NOBR></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD class=contentsmall>*Indicates availability of feature on multiple models. For example, it indicates feature availability on 2WD and 4WD Models or Rear wheel drive and All-wheel drive Models. </TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD class=content align=middle rowSpan=2>Decor Level </TD>
<TD class=content align=middle rowSpan=2>Seat Type</TD>
<TD class=content align=middle rowSpan=2>Seat Code</TD>
<TD class=content align=middle rowSpan=2>Seat Trim</TD>
<TD class=content align=middle colSpan=3>Interior</TD></TR>
<TR align=middle>
<TD class=content align=middle>Dark Charcoal</TD>
<TD class=content align=middle>Tan</TD>
<TD class=content align=middle>Medium Gray</TD></TR>
<TR align=middle>
<TD class=content align=middle>Work Truck / Base</TD>
<TD class=content align=left>Front 40/20/40 split-bench without fold-down armrest</TD>
<TD align=middle>
<CENTER>AE7 </CENTER></TD>
<TD class=content align=middle>
<CENTER>Vinyl</CENTER></TD>
<CENTER>69V</CENTER></TD>
<CENTER>52V</CENTER></TD>
<CENTER>--</CENTER></TD></TR>
<TR align=middle>
<TD class=content align=middle>Work Truck / Base</TD>
<TD class=content align=left>Front 40/20/40 split-bench without fold-down armrest</TD>
<TD align=middle>
<CENTER><A class=gtlink href="javascript seatPopup('se

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Too bad! I see silver tahoes,etc with the natural interior, and it looks real nice. Weird. I don't care for gray much. Does it matter GMC vs Chevy?

Anyway, thanks to Matt for the driveway certificate.

Michael

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
masterp2 said:
Does it matter GMC vs Chevy?

Michael

Only your front end appearance preference.

More importantly, and I found out the hard way, visit the service departments of the dealers in your area. I'd go with the place who you feel most comfortable with and have the most confidence in after the meeting.

Price is always a consideration, but most dealers will be really close on pricing if you make it known you are shopping.

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the confusion. What I meant is, are the color combinations different, i.e. can I get silver/tan on a GMC?

Also what are you all happiest with, front buckets or the 80/20? Mine will be cloth I think, here in Phoenix. Is the power seat (with memory) available on the 80/20, or is that an LT feature only?

Michael

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
There's no difference in the color options from GMC to Chevy. They're built on the same line and occasionally will even come in with the wrong emblems on them.....

I personally prefer the bucket seats, but I don't have family to transport either. As for the trick power seats, I think they only come with the LT Chevy or SLT GMC. In fact, unless they've changed the availability, you can't get the full power seat with anythng but those cabs and the leather. The others only have the cushion area power with the seat back manual.

·
Registered
170 Posts
My bench is also a 40-20-40, with power drivers...

Bob

·
Registered
25 Posts
MasterP2,

Just got our new 04 GMC CC SLT and it did not come with the seat memory. It does have the ability to select 2 drivers via the steering wheel controls which are activated by the FOB. We have the 40/20/40 seat in cloth which is nice, leather is to hot in the summer and cold in the winter here

Have fun looking for your truck, I did.

Barkeep

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes that is the memory feature, 2 drivers, different settings.

I did not know I could get the LT in cloth. Anyone else have this? What is the option price/credit?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Oops,

Messed up the sig

It's an SLE not SLT.

The memory is just for the DIC info not for the seat, al least that is what the sales man said.

Sorry I got you hopeing for a better deal.

Barkeep

·
Registered
25 Posts
Masterp2,

Sorry it took so long to reply, work got busy and I have not logged on in a while.

I don't know what the option code is for the 40/20/40 with 6 way seats, but I do kknow that in our truck the driver seat is a 6 way. The passenger is just the standard adjustments. I like the 40/20/40 seat and we have never liked leather so the cloth setup works well for us.

On the second driver. That choice is just for drivers on the DIC. It just changes the personal information for each driver. It does not effect the seats or anything else to my knowledge.

We have the Silver Birch color which is what we were interested in. I have not seen the Sand Beige matallic.

Hope you find all the information that you need.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts