Diesel Place banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I too had low power when towing under load. Under heavy acceleration it woul through a low rail pressure code. I previously installed a 2 micron Racor final filter. I found the tech. Service bulletin about the collapsed fuel lines so I took it into the dealer. They checked it out but told me they would do the fuel lines but could find no indication of any fuel line collapse. While researching the problem, I came across a tech. bulletin that said basically that the Duramax engine was very sensitive to low rail pressure & any modification of any kind to the fuel system, such as additional filters or more restrictive filters would make the problem worse. I removed my 2 micron filter & the problem was greatly improved. Now I get only a slight power loss under heavy load when my OEM filter shows 50 percent life or less. I've just gotten into the habit of replacing the fuel filter every 5K miles. I also have been using Stanadyne fuel additive & a Biocide with every fill up.
I cut open every filter that I change out & I've had some nasty stuff once or twice from bad fuel. Not so much since using the biocide.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.