Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
I dont know if anyone still reads this but I had a question. IN the engine compartment where the line was collapsed/kinked as shown above, I removed both lines. The fuel is 1/2 ID but what is the other? What dose it go to? I noticed that most people are actually only replacing the 1/2 and that kinda worries me
same type of connector, same type of hose, right? If so, then one of the lines is the fuel supply line, under pressure [probably 60+ psi], and the other line is just the fuel return line, back to the fuel tank. There's a fuel pressure regulator that keeps the fuel pressure in the rails correct, and releases fuel through the return line as necessary to keep it there.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
doh, keep thinking of gas engines.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
if diesel fuel isn't leaking in the area, and you aren't spraying a metal fuel line with sparks so it starts glowing, there isn't much to go wrong. a rubber line, put a sheet metal shield in front of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.