Diesel Place banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm sure this is a thread from the dead BUT.... I had a c4500 duramax with the 6.6L LLY that was giving me some grief when pulling a load up a grade. Engine would slow to a 10MPH crawl and wouldn't get better until we pulled over, let the truck cool down and disconnect the battery to reset the truck.
Welp i found this thread and got some 601-8 and some clamps and got to cutting. Which SUCKED! lol i only cut one side then scared the other side and took a screw driver in and pryed them off. I had 3 MAJOR kinks on 3 different lines. The replacement hoses fixed the problem. We were pulling a monster grade from a stand still with a 12K# trailer and it did great. Until it did it again.... When i got the truck back in the shop i found the last hose that i had to replace which was above the fuel tank.... I had to drop the tank the replace it. BUT i am fairly certain the truck should be 100% now after changing the kinked fuel hoses.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.