Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the diesel world but I'm loving the new power. My question is about fuel mileage and how cold weather changes it. during warm weather, 70 to 90 degrees i was getting between 19 to 21 MPG now that the temps are staying between 25 to 45 my mileage is down to about 16 to 19 mpg. I have kept up with service, oil,trans, fuel filter and a K&N air filter. Should I run the cold weather cover to keep up the engine and trans temps or should I check for other problems.
Thanks

·
Registered
812 Posts
Sounds normal to me, I'm runnning the cover and my mileage is the same as yours. Worse in the snow with 4WD playtime.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Same here for me, almost makes you think somethings gone south the way it drops off, it's just a mix of blended fuel and cold. Seems like a major loss of BTU's for the fuel and effeciency. Oh well, good thing it only lasts 4 months a year in my part.

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I noticed a significant drop in the last couple of fillups.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the imput guys. Makes me feel better. I caught heck from the wife when I bought a truck that cost this much. guess I can put a heatpump on the dog house if anything breaks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts